Weblinks

Weblinks

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infidel

Moves
11 Jan 14

Is it possible to change the forum so that weblinks become clickable? When I browse the forum on my Ipad and want to follow a posted link it's a PITA to select the link, copy it, paste it, press go.

Or is there another solution?

Australia

Moves
11 Jan 14

Can you use Firefox on your device? Firefox has an add-on called Linkification which converts all displayed URLs to clickable links.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
12 Jan 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Is it possible to change the forum so that weblinks become clickable? When I browse the forum on my Ipad and want to follow a posted link it's a PITA to select the link, copy it, paste it, press go.

Or is there another solution?
Russ is afraid to use this in public forums because people could post malicious links.

In private forums you can do it.

Infidel

Moves
12 Jan 14

Originally posted by Kewpie
Can you use Firefox on your device? Firefox has an add-on called Linkification which converts all displayed URLs to clickable links.
Not sure. I always use Safari on my Ipad, maybe there's an add-on for that as well. I'll check it out.

Infidel

Moves
12 Jan 14

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Russ is afraid to use this in public forums because people could post malicious links.

In private forums you can do it.
Seems a bit of a far-fetched fear tbh. It's not like the forum is going to be flooded by evil people just because links become clickable. And in any case, links are already very easy to follow when you use chrome on your computer, it's mostly a pita when using a tablet.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
14 Jan 14

Seems a bit of a far-fetched fear tbh. It's not like the forum is going to be flooded by evil people just because links become clickable. And in any case, links are already very easy to follow when you use chrome on your computer, it's mostly a pita when using a tablet.
It is a judical problem.

In Germany the website proving a link is responsible for linking. So if someone is providing a link to a phishing site for example could be made responsible for the damage. We have our share of people who register never move, but just post advertisment or scam in the forums. Even if the danger isn't very high that people a) click a link and b) try to make a case of Russ' responsibility it would probably suffice if ONE person did this in the USA and the damages by far outpace Russ' money...

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
15 Jan 14

Originally posted by Ponderable
It is a judical problem.

In Germany the website proving a link is responsible for linking. So if someone is providing a link to a phishing site for example could be made responsible for the damage. We have our share of people who register never move, but just post advertisment or scam in the forums. Even if the danger isn't very high that people a) cli ...[text shortened]... probably suffice if ONE person did this in the USA and the damages by far outpace Russ' money...
Shh! Don't tell Russ.
This would seem to be a problem for links in private forums as well.

Infidel

Moves
15 Jan 14

Originally posted by Ponderable
It is a judical problem.

In Germany the website proving a link is responsible for linking. So if someone is providing a link to a phishing site for example could be made responsible for the damage. We have our share of people who register never move, but just post advertisment or scam in the forums. Even if the danger isn't very high that people a) cli ...[text shortened]... probably suffice if ONE person did this in the USA and the damages by far outpace Russ' money...
But what if it's not a clickable link but a regular link? In Chrome a non-clickable link requires two only additional actions (select and right-click).

That can't really be the difference between being able to sue and not being to sue?? Both actions can reasonably be considered to being actively taken by the clicker.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Jan 14

But what if it's not a clickable link but a regular link? In Chrome a non-clickable link requires two only additional actions (select and right-click).

That can't really be the difference between being able to sue and not being to sue?? Both actions can reasonably be considered to being actively taken by the clicker.
Firefox is the same. Select the link, right-click, choose Open Link.