1. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 21:48
    (Not sure if this is the right forum area for this, but anyway..)

I appear to have been given a welcome game set up with someone who joined the site on January 1st 2013.

This is the player @Lukisha who has 2 GIP's, one is a welcome game and one isn't.

Are the welcome games set up purely for new players, or for any player who is yet to have made a move?
    I was thinking this was something that needed fixing, as there may be a number of 'welcome' games being generated with players who are MIA.

Thanks,

2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 22:14
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
    (Not sure if this is the right forum area for this, but anyway..)

I appear to have been given a welcome game set up with someone who joined the site on January 1st 2013.

This is the player @Lukisha who has 2 GIP's, one is a welcome game and one isn't.

Are the welcome games set up purely for new players, or for any player who is yet to have m ...[text shortened]... re may be a number of 'welcome' games being generated with players who are MIA.

Thanks,

It looks like that player has never moved so you should be able to delete the game from your "my games" page.
    This should not change your statistics since the game never started.

The idea of 'welcome' games is to put an experienced member together with a new member to give them someone who can answer their questions about how to get around on the site and use the various features, etc. I think a 'welcome' game is only offered to someone when they first open an account and they probably have the option to decline or play.
  3. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 23:57
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I think a 'welcome' game is only offered to someone when they first open an account and they probably have the option to decline or play.
    Hence I was asking why I had one created with someone who joined over 2 years ago,
    if this is happening across the site then there'll be a lot of dead games out there...

Not that this is a major, site-damaging issue, but still
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 08:27
    I can't say with certain right now, but they probably never verified their email back when they first signed up. (Account created)

Then having only done so recently, they were lead down the "new greeter game" path. So, nothing to be concerned about unless we see established players taking them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree