1. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    25 Jan '05 10:12
    we want to play games where we do not have that horrible feeling playing against our own copy of fritz or shredder ... we want that human feel ... useful discussion of life, and of chess, and above all, hope that we can learn.

if a player using an engine here emulates these features so well that we never even know, so well that we feel we were simply beaten by a talented human ... and left us with a good feeling ... then we and they have done well.

the cheat police do not need to capture all cheats ... they need to catch the ones that wreck people's fun.

they do need to stop the blatant users that everyone knows are simply and obviously computers but claim to be human.

we also want to know how well our p.c.s play chess ... are they as good as the best humans?
    r.h.p. needs 1 player with each of the computer engines ... we need 1 fritz, 1 shredder, 1 crafty, 1 hiarcs etc.
    they need to be called that ... and state it everywhere they are ... we must know what they are ... and what machine they run on ...
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    25 Jan '05 10:37
    Originally posted by flexmore
    r.h.p. needs 1 player with each of the computer engines ... we need 1 fritz, 1 shredder, 1 crafty, 1 hiarcs etc.
    they need to be called that ... [/b]
    I think it is a nice addition to give people the oppurtunity to play an acknowledge engine (if you are well enough to stand up to one unlike me...)

By the way, we already have a player called crafty up here. Not an engine, it is a personal friend of me...
  3. Joined
    06 Feb '04
    Moves
    25 Jan '05 14:16
    It would also be really fun if we could take a crafty and a fritz and a hiarc and an etc. and put them through a shredder and then take the shredder and boil it in oil.And yes there is a very subtle message in there. 😉
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '05 22:29
    I haven't seen any evidence of cheating so far in any of the games I've played, and don't care. If someone uses a program to figure out moves, so what? I'm here to play chess. The losers that get help from fritz don't scare me.
  5. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    26 Jan '05 22:46
    Originally posted by Dodger11
    I haven't seen any evidence of cheating so far in any of the games I've played, and don't care. If someone uses a program to figure out moves, so what? I'm here to play chess. The losers that get help from fritz don't scare me.
    Great point,despite the fact that using engines is strictly forbidden by the terms of service (never heard of it?).

Also I like to think that my opponent is sitting in front of his pc thinking hard about his moves for bashing me,not just turning on a program and let do the job to the machine.
  6. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jan '05 18:38
    Originally posted by Dodger11
    Must say I dislike the people on the site with this type of attitude, happy to know he isnt a subscriber which better expalins the "I don't care" attitude, though I have come across a couple of subcribers who have that same attitude.

Forums seem dead lately, things on the site seem to be dragging along whats up with that, someone start some big controversial thread or something. Things are boring so much so I have spent next to no time on the site for the past week, barely keeping myself from being timed out and playing about 100 games less than what I normally have, somebody smack me and wake me up.
  7. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    27 Jan '05 18:541 edit
    *Punches Trackhead then runs before he has time to punch me back*
  8. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    27 Jan '05 18:58
    thanks I saw that now. I just contact this player...
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree