1. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Dec '06 22:161 edit
    i've noticed on the 'site ideas' forum that a great many number of ideas are simply answered by saying, "they have this on so and so site and it didnt work.." well, so what? that doesnt mean it wouldnt work here. it has to be the most narrow minded view to say he didnt work somewhere therefore it could not work somewhere else...
  2. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    26 Dec '06 23:11
    not really - it would be fairly short sighted to adopt ideas that had a past history of failing at other sites. I agree, just because an idea failed once it might not fail here, but if comparisons can be drawn between why the idea failed elsewhere and this site then i can surely be fairly judged that the idea is likely to fail here also, so surely better to spend resourses on ideas that are more likely to work?

I know it can be frustrating if seemingly good ideas seem to get ignored, but I can assure you that the site admin are anything but narrow minded to proposed ideas - although only a few of the proposed ideas get brought to life most of the new features of the site have come from user suggestions, including some that were implemented to see if they would work and removed when they didn't.
  3. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Dec '06 23:33
    okay, that's fine, thanks for answering in a professional and friendly manner
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '06 00:46
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    okay, that's fine, thanks for answering in a professional and friendly manner
    The normal replies are;

This is a correspondence chess site duh!
    or
    Subscribe you freeloading tightwad!

😉
  5. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    27 Dec '06 01:10
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    The normal replies are;

This is a [b]correspondence chess
    site duh!
    or
    Subscribe you freeloading tightwad!

😉[/b]
    His question didn't seem to warrant such a response here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree