1. Wat?
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 15:21
    We all have questions. But it seems to be deemed necessary to send them to feedback. Yet there are legitimate questions which don't apply to site ideas or feedback.

E.g. I live in Thailand and I see 1Hr 20 mins etc etc left in a game, on MY clock.

Is that time bank left applicable in time bank from a GMT server, US timed server or Timbuktu server? Is that time left applicable to my time left in my time zone, or the oppositon's time zone, or the GMT time zone? And where is the opposition really from, ignoring flags, in his time zone of real time - from where the time left actually is?

Where can we ask these types of questions?

-m.

Site ideas doesn't exactly prompt a place that we want these types of questions or answers to. Or is this the place to forward such matters?
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 16:33
    Take it to the help forum 😉
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 17:51
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Take it to the help forum 😉
    And get an answer from a nob-head who doesn't know ass from elbow? Let's try shall we? Copied and pasted! 😉
  4. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 00:13
    Originally posted by mikelom
    And get an answer from a nob-head who doesn't know ass from elbow? Let's try shall we? Copied and pasted! 😉
    Unfortunately there will be some that take the urine but generally you get your answer
  5. Wat?
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 04:10
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Unfortunately there will be some that take the urine but generally you get your answer
    They told me to bring it back here. 😀😀

Interesting post there from greenpawn tho. 😉
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 06:412 edits
    We all have questions. But it seems to be deemed necessary to send them to feedback. Yet there are legitimate questions which don't apply to site ideas or feedback.

E.g. I live in Thailand and I see 1Hr 20 mins etc etc left in a game, on [b]MY
    clock.

Is that time bank left applicable in time bank from a GMT server, US timed server or Timbuktu serve we want these types of questions or answers to. Or is this the place to forward such matters?[/b]
    The time is kept on ONE server, so regardless where you are the same time is left on your game (no use to jet a few time zones to get an advantage 😉

There is a time stamp on the game when it starts and when the last move occured, from this you can calculate your difference (in timezoness) to the server.

You can't know for your opposition. but since people put up flags we can at least guess. And at least in one example there has been a discussion about a person standiong up in the middle of the night to move, when they were sure their opponent slept to win an edge (and to make a point)

best regards

EDIT: Now I really feel silly, having replied to a help post on Site Ideas....

help IS the question forum as has been pointed out.

EDIT2: Just came to my mind, that for philosophical questions there is General Forum

For religious qusetions there is spirituality

for sports questions.....on and on and on
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 06:51
    for philosophical questions there is General Forum

General Forum is the LAST place I'd look for a philosophical discussion ...
  8. e4
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 09:55
    The question is do we need a Question Forum.

I think the boys in Puzzles and Posers should be asked that one.
    They have all the answers.
  9. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 08:08
    ....eg. I live in Thailand and I see 1Hr 20 mins etc etc left in a game, on [b]MY clock.

Is that time bank left applicable in time bank from a GMT server, US timed server or Timbuktu server? Is that time left applicable to my time left in my time zone, or the oppositon's time zone, or the GMT time zone? And where is the opposition really from, ignoring flags, in his time zone of real time - from where the time left actually is?[/b]
    You know, there are times when I just cannot come to terms with the absolute ignorance and/or stupidity of some posters on this site. It beggars belief.

Really........really.

skeeter
  10. Wat?
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 13:32

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    06 Sep '10 16:03

E.g. I live in Thailand and I see 1Hr 20 mins etc etc left in a game, on [b]MY
    clock.

Is that time bank left applicable in time bank from a GMT server, US timed server or Timbuktu serve ...[text shortened]... we want these types of questions or answers to. Or is this the place to forward such matters?[/b]
    They prefer simple users to send feedback to save them making an ass of themselves in the forums.

However every now and then a simple user makes the error of posting the question that shows them to be an ass.

Do you think that by changing your timezone you can gain extra hours?

Does that then mean by choosing the wrong timezone you could lose time from the game?

🙄😲🙄
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 23:34
    Originally posted by skeeter
    You know, there are times when I just cannot come to terms with the absolute ignorance and/or stupidity of some posters on this site. It beggars belief.

Really........really.

skeeter
    This.
  13. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 07:40
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This.
    ..and yet we have more wisdom from our current JD roadie.

skeeter
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 17:08
    THATS WHAT THE HELP FORUM IS ABOUT!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree