1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 04:31
    The past month or so has been one banded tourney after amother and little else. It cannot be the popularity of banded tournaments since they fill very slowly ,That is not worth paying for.

My subscription runs out next week and I will not be renewing.
    Until last month Red Hot Pawn was rhe best chess site on the web.

Angela
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 05:58
    I think Russ is experimenting of various kinds of tournaments just to see what we like most. In July he tried 4-groups a lot. Now has tried three-some.
    If you wait a little I think there will come tournaments that you most happily will join.

A form of tournament I would like is one where not only one winner of each group proceeds to next round but two or more. That makes it worthwhile to struggle even if I got a high-shot in the group.
  3. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 10:58
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I think Russ is experimenting of various kinds of tournaments just to see what we like most. In July he tried 4-groups a lot. Now has tried three-some.
    If you wait a little I think there will come tournaments that you most happily will join.

A form of tournament I would like is one where not only one winner of each group proceeds to next round but two or more. That makes it worthwhile to struggle even if I got a high-shot in the group.
    I would like to see a "Champions League" style of tournament, where the first two rounds comprise of large-ish groups with 2 or more qualifying each time followed by the the rest of the rounds as duels.

This would mean that more people would qualify for future rounds to start with, and then it turns into a knock-out later.

The winner could even be issued with a trophy to display on their profile.
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 12:26
    Originally posted by caissad4
    The past month or so has been one banded tourney after amother and little else. It cannot be the popularity of banded tournaments since they fill very slowly ,That is not worth paying for.

Angela
    Don't leave! Send feedback!!
  5. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 18:21
    Originally posted by caissad4

Angela
    Tournament 1396

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree