Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 21 Jan '09 16:42
    i just found out that when you're the last to join a tournament it becomes locked and you can't withdraw.

    i entered the January 2009 Octet III 1600-1650 only to find that there were 2 1800+ players in it and want to withdraw but i can't.
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    21 Jan '09 17:04
    Originally posted by trev33
    i just found out that when you're the last to join a tournament it becomes locked and you can't withdraw.

    i entered the January 2009 Octet III 1600-1650 only to find that there were 2 1800+ players in it and want to withdraw but i can't.
    Tournament 6238
  3. 21 Jan '09 18:20 / 1 edit
    i've sent both of them PMs asking with to resign their games but as one of them already has 2 1500 banded tournament wins to their name i doubt it will do anything.

    rating floors please.
  4. 23 Jan '09 12:17 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    i've sent both of them PMs asking with to resign their games but as one of them already has 2 1500 banded tournament wins to their name i doubt it will do anything.

    rating floors please.
    If you're sure they're sandbaggers, name and shame. It's not like cheating allegations, it's bad sportsmanship and should get outed.
  5. Standard member Crowley
    Not Aleister
    23 Jan '09 12:29
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    If you're sure they're sandbaggers, name and shame. It's not like cheating allegations, it's bad sportsmanship and should get outed.
    Actually it is frowned upon, especially since both the players he refers to do not actually seem like definition sandbaggers.
  6. Standard member RDM
    23 Jan '09 12:54
    I only see 1 player who I would consider questionable.

    Resigning all your games was a bit melodramatic though.
  7. 23 Jan '09 13:26
    Originally posted by RDM
    I only see 1 player who I would consider questionable.

    Resigning all your games was a bit melodramatic though.
    "All yours?" Whose all games?

    Did you respond to anyone, or are you just writing in the air?
  8. 23 Jan '09 13:58
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    "All yours?" Whose all games?

    Did you respond to anyone, or are you just writing in the air?
    Trev33's games.
  9. 23 Jan '09 15:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by RDM
    Resigning all your games was a bit melodramatic though.
    i like throwing toys out of by pram.


    - drama queen.
  10. 23 Jan '09 18:31
    Originally posted by trev33
    i just found out that when you're the last to join a tournament it becomes locked and you can't withdraw.

    i entered the January 2009 Octet III 1600-1650 only to find that there were 2 1800+ players in it and want to withdraw but i can't.
    Both the players had "temporary" peaks but look more like 1650-1750 players and there is no real reason why you couldn't have whipped their asses.

    I never thought you would be scared of a wee challenge like that.
  11. Standard member Crowley
    Not Aleister
    23 Jan '09 20:52
    Originally posted by RDM
    I only see 1 player who I would consider questionable.

    Resigning all your games was a bit melodramatic though.
    Uhm, Trevor is pretty unstable on the best of days, so this doesn't really surprise me.
  12. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    24 Jan '09 05:53
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Uhm, Trevor is pretty unstable on the best of days, so this doesn't really surprise me.
    Are these more of your words of wisdom?
  13. 24 Jan '09 19:09
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Trev33's games.
    Then why didn't he write that?

    If one doesn't know how to quote, then one has to be explicit in everything.
  14. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    24 Jan '09 19:51
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Then why didn't he write that?

    If one doesn't know how to quote, then one has to be explicit in everything.
    Do you think Nordlys needed to read his mind to find out?

    Thinking before typing. Avoiding stupidity since 1829.
  15. 24 Jan '09 20:58
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Do you think Nordlys needed to read his mind to find out?
    I called him and asked.