1. Los Cabos
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 23:13
    My patience as a nOOb is growing weak. I am currently stuck in a game with an "All Day Mover". Yes, he does make 30 moves per day. But, he has 50 games in progress.

I used the site's wonderful thread search and actually found two previous threads with no adequate response.

Is there another chess site with Zero Timeouts? I figure my average move per game is two hours.

Ready to Resign
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 23:18
    Originally posted by Don Jorge
    My patience as a nOOb is growing weak. I am currently stuck in a game with an "All Day Mover". Yes, he does make 30 moves per day. But, he has 50 games in progress.

I used the site's wonderful thread search and actually found two previous threads with no adequate response.

Is there another chess site with Zero Timeouts? I figure my average move per game is two hours.

Ready to Resign
    http://www.uchess.com/

Or just click the "Play Blitz" button in the type right corner for FAST games.
  3. Los Cabos
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 23:35
    Thanks for the link. I tried Blitz, but I am not ready for speed chess. And the board view options were poor.
  4. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    12 Sep '07 00:01
    I agree though, I think an 0 day timeout would be a nice touch

Drew
  5. Los Cabos
    Moves
    12 Sep '07 00:35
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    http://www.uchess.com/
    Do you have another recommendation? Uchess is a speed site.

I was thinking 0 timeout, 5-15 day timebank. This more or less means your game will end in 10 to 30 days.

The way your choices are now, my 3/7 game could take a year to complete. The quickest (1/0) could still last four months.
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Sep '07 01:19
    Anything less than 1 day timeout is unbalanced unless you're in the same timezone. This is a Correspondence Chess site and most players have a life outside chess. It's quite easy to find quick movers (using the 1/0 controls) and then stick to playing only those people. Or you can put up Open Invites with a game name "5 moves per day" or the like. πŸ™‚
  7. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '07 11:36
  8. Los Cabos
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 03:16
    Interesting; I can set 0 for a minimum timeout in my preferences.

Dutch Defense; Your thread dead-ends with no constructive resolution.

Miss Oleum; Some people do not have 9-5 jobs. Some of us work projects in far away places where we are lucky to get hot water, much less high speed wi-fi. And, last I checked, the clock speed in Tibet is the same as Mexico. I am not sure what you mean by "unbalanced"?
  9. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 03:38
    Subscribe.
  10. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    18 Sep '07 01:39
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Subscribe.
    There is the occasional 0 day timeout tournament
  11. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Sep '07 05:49
    Originally posted by Don Jorge
    Interesting; I can set 0 for a minimum timeout in my preferences.

Miss Oleum; Some people do not have 9-5 jobs. Some of us work projects in far away places where we are lucky to get hot water, much less high speed wi-fi. And, last I checked, the clock speed in Tibet is the same as Mexico. I am not sure what you mean by "unbalanced"?
    Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I was talking about timezones - if I make a move now, my active American opponents will use up a few minutes or hours making their moves, but my British opponents are currently asleep and will use up lots more time, even if they reply immediately. New Zealanders who go to bed 2 hours before I do will use 22 hours if they only get online once daily at night. I like quick movers too, but the 1-day is an effective way to even out the unfairness of geography.

I also live a long distance from civilisation and broadband is slow and expensive.

I lasted on RHP only a week or two before biting the bullet and paying for a subscription, which resolved the problem completely. I tried not to point that out because that's usually the first thing you get told and most non-subs get tired of hearing it. πŸ˜‰
  12. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '07 06:07
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I was talking about timezones - if I make a move now, my active American opponents will use up a few minutes or hours making their moves, but my British opponents are currently asleep and will use up lots more time, even if they reply immediately. New Zealanders who go to bed 2 hours before I do will use 22 hours if t ...[text shortened]... use that's usually the first thing you get told and most non-subs get tired of hearing it. πŸ˜‰
    This is a thoughtful, respectful and informative posting. This type of submission in the forum threads is strictly forbidden.
  13. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Sep '07 08:02
    Originally posted by coquette
    This is a thoughtful, respectful and informative posting. This type of submission in the forum threads is strictly forbidden.
    😡😡😡

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree