1. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    110979
    29 Jan '15 07:10
    Just released - a killer script for Firefox/GreaseMonkey and Chrome/TamperMonkey users. It allows you to track all threads you post in, as well as others you have tagged - and be alerted by an icon the minute there are new posts made to the thread.

    Go to www.bigdogghouse.com/RHP/ to download it. May the best warrior win!
  2. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    29 Jan '15 12:51
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Just released - a killer script for Firefox/GreaseMonkey and Chrome/TamperMonkey users. It allows you to track all threads you post in, as well as others you have tagged - and be alerted by an icon the minute there are new posts made to the thread.

    Go to www.bigdogghouse.com/RHP/ to download it. May the best warrior win!
    I wonder if as technology increases that it doesn't cause a decrease in brain function.

    Have we found a way to devolve? 😉
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86400
    29 Jan '15 12:56
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Just released - a killer script for Firefox/GreaseMonkey and Chrome/TamperMonkey users. It allows you to track all threads you post in, as well as others you have tagged - and be alerted by an icon the minute there are new posts made to the thread.

    Go to www.bigdogghouse.com/RHP/ to download it. May the best warrior win!
    Very good, thanks.

    Can I make a request; have yourself the blog "Creatures from Planet Forum"? Maybe tin idea would be to have a script which uploaded users images from that blog to there profile/avatard?
  4. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    29 Jan '15 12:59
    Originally posted by josephw
    I wonder if as technology increases that it doesn't cause a decrease in brain function.

    Have we found a way to devolve? 😉
    Being able to respond quickly and spontaneously in a more easily monitored and dynamic multi-message board environment thanks to a script like the one in the OP would, if anything, stimulate an increase in "brain function" and not a decrease.
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    29 Jan '15 17:27
    Originally posted by josephw
    I wonder if as technology increases that it doesn't cause a decrease in brain function.

    Have we found a way to devolve? 😉
    Have we found a way to devolve?
    Yes ... it's called take your morality from the Bible.
  6. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    110979
    29 Jan '15 17:43
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Very good, thanks.

    Can I make a request; have yourself the blog "Creatures from Planet Forum"? Maybe tin idea would be to have a script which uploaded users images from that blog to there profile/avatard?
    Your wording is not quite clear - I think you are asking for a script that uses Kewpie's blog images of people for their avatar.

    If I make such a script, how big should the avatars be? Desktop users would probably want them bigger than tablet / smartphone users. Maybe I can size them based on the user window size.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    29 Jan '15 17:48
    Originally posted by josephw
    I wonder if as technology increases that it doesn't cause a decrease in brain function.

    Have we found a way to devolve? 😉
    It certainly has increased the tempo of our lives; "brain function" includes priority setting and volitional choice.
  8. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    110979
    29 Jan '15 17:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    Being able to respond quickly and spontaneously in a more easily monitored and dynamic multi-message board environment thanks to a script like the one in the OP would, if anything, stimulate an increase in "brain function" and not a decrease.
    I think it's caused a massive increase in awareness. Thanks to online access, I've met people from all over the world. I've gained perspective [limited though it may be] into other cultures that I never would have had without it.
  9. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    29 Jan '15 22:06
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    It certainly has increased the tempo of our lives; "brain function" includes priority setting and volitional choice.
    I try to think outside the box. While rapid information exchanging may facilitate "brain function" it doesn't necessarily mean it's good for you. I think the design of our brain is best suited to function in reaction to the Word of God, which in turn improves one's ability to set priorities and make correct choices.

    Everyone knows where technology is taking us. Gotta have it for the new world order!
  10. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    29 Jan '15 22:08
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I think it's caused a massive increase in awareness. Thanks to online access, I've met people from all over the world. I've gained perspective [limited though it may be] into other cultures that I never would have had without it.
    Certainly hasn't made you aware of your creator!

    I had to say it. 😉
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    29 Jan '15 23:21
    Originally posted by josephw
    I try to think outside the box.
    Try getting a bigger box!
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    29 Jan '15 23:24
    Originally posted by josephw

    Everyone knows where technology is taking us.
    I don't.
    I don't think anyone does.

    There is the story of the IBM executive who stated that he
    could foresee a future where every major international company
    would have one. (He was talking about the computer)
  13. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    30 Jan '15 00:02
    Originally posted by josephw
    I try to think outside the box. While rapid information exchanging may facilitate "brain function" it doesn't necessarily mean it's good for you.
    And yet you said "I wonder if as technology increases that it doesn't cause a decrease in brain function". Now you say basically the opposite. Your 'thinking outside the box' just seems to be you blithely contradicting yourself'.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    30 Jan '15 00:11
    Originally posted by josephw
    Certainly hasn't made you aware of your creator!

    I had to say it. 😉
    This line of reasoning reminds me of the days when we were warned that getting a university education could threaten your faith.
Back to Top