1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 20:30
    1 Peter 5:7

“Batach is a wrestling term that means “to body slam your opponent to the mat.” It is usually translated “trust,” as in PSA 37:3 and PSA 55:23. 1PE 5:7 is an illustration of batach: Cast all your cares on the Lord. The believer with batach faith is the adolescent who is entering that wrestling phase where he learns to live his own life, to make his own decisions, to trust in the Lord instead of other people for the solutions to his problems.” (Basic Training Bible Ministries)

The Mature

The mature believer is the person who has a reservoir of the Word of God in his soul. HEB 5:14 and HEB 6:1 tell us that the mature believer is able to take in meat—the advanced doctrine of the Word. He is trained, disciplined. He exercises himself and builds spiritual muscle in life. A Christian who has arrived at spiritual maturity knows enough about the Bible to take responsibility for his own life. He is not ready to take on everyone else’s problems, but he can take control of his own life. He understands that God has a plan for his life, and he becomes occupied with fulfilling that plan.

Chasah means “to find refuge.” It pictures a rabbit fleeing from a wolf into the cleft of a rock. PSA 57:1, written while David was hiding from Saul in the cave of Adullam, speaks of this kind of faith, which parallels the trust of maturity. In maturity, the believer has confidence because he is learning to rest in the Lord, to relax. He does not fall apart every time pressure hits because he knows that the Lord is the Rock of his salvation.

The Hero of Faith

All of Hebrews 11 speaks of men and women who were mighty in faith. The heroes of faith are the ones who have gone beyond maturity and have learned to stand firm in the face of conflict. These people still fall, but they always stand back up. They advance beyond simply taking responsibility for their own lives to becoming responsible for the lives of other people. They are there to pick up their fallen comrades, to treat their wounds, to encourage them, and to supply their needs.

Yachal means “to apply healing to a wound.” If you are ever going to enter into hero-of-faith status, you will have to find in faith the healing for the wounds you will suffer in battle—the wounds inflicted by things, by people, by circumstances. The cure is always faith, and it comes only from the Word of God (ROM 10:17). In LAM 3:21, the prophet Jeremiah found healing in a time of terrible pain and suffering.

The Friend of God

The highest of all attainments in the Christian life is to become a friend of God, illustrated by Abraham and Rahab in JAM 2:23-25. Very few Christians progress this far in the spiritual life, but every believer has the potential and the assets necessary to move from spiritual infancy to friend-of-God status.

Qawah is the strongest Hebrew word for faith. The word means “to weave together many small strands into an unbreakable rope.” This is the faith of ISA 40:31—the endurance, persistence, tenacity of the believer who consistently weaves promises, principles, and doctrines together—and never quits. This is the faith of the friend of God.

To be a friend of God is the greatest possible achievement in this life. There will be nothing to compare with the joy of standing before the throne of Jesus Christ in eternity, with all of the multitudes of those who are saved throughout all ages, and being identified with those very few who kept perspective in life and who pressed on continually for all that God had for them!” http://www.basictraining.org/index.php?proc=sbk&sf=rea&bid=61&pg=16

Thoughts?
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 22:28
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Thoughts?
    Why did you erase Christ from your poem?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 02:05
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Why did you erase Christ from your poem?
    Which "poem"?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 02:451 edit
    Which "poem"?
    When you first posted "Quantum Leap" on this web site (I'm not referring to any other web sites where you may have posted it) it read: "Awesome concept, / faith in Christ alone. / Pascal wagered. / Einstein understood." When you posted it just recently, it read: "Awesome concept, faith alone. / Pascal wagered. / Einstein understood."

HandyAndy has asked you an interesting question.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 04:412 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    When you first posted "Quantum Leap" on this web site (I'm not referring to any other web sites where you may have posted it) it read: "Awesome concept, / faith [b]in Christ alone. / Pascal wagered. / Einstein understood." When you posted it just recently, it read: "Awesome concept, faith alone. / Pascal wagered. / Einstein understood."

HandyAndy has asked you an interesting question.[/b]
    I cannot see how that is germane to this thread. Your actions seem beyond merely "rude", as they usually are.

You got a beef with him that you want to resolve, then rather than standing around yelling, trying to gather an audience, try PMs. Maybe the rest of us don't want to be bored with your needless, off-topic interrogations any more.

Edit: And before you start whinging that I'm not confronting Andy with this, the same goes for him.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 04:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I cannot see how that is germane to this thread. Your actions seem beyond merely "rude", as they usually are.

You got a beef with him that you want to resolve, then rather than standing around yelling, trying to gather an audience, try PMs. Maybe the rest of us don't want to be bored with your needless, off-topic interrogations any more.

Edit: And before you start whinging that I'm not confronting Andy with this, the same goes for him.
    Grampy Bobby asked "which poem?" a few posts back, so I answered. It's Grampy Bobby's thread. I was merely answering his question.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 07:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    ... And before you start whinging that I'm not confronting Andy with this, the same goes for him.
    Then why not take it up with him then? And why are your knickers in such a knot up your bum anyway?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 07:091 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    HandyAndy has asked you an interesting question.
    Well now suzianne has flagged up that something is afoot by wading in with fists-swinging in your direction, I'm interested too...
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 08:101 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    When you first posted "Quantum Leap" on this web site (I'm not referring to any other web sites where you may have posted it) it read: "Awesome concept, / faith [b]in Christ alone. / Pascal wagered. / Einstein understood." When you posted it just recently, it read: "Awesome concept, faith alone. / Pascal wagered. / Einstein understood."

HandyAndy has asked you an interesting question.[/b]
    "Quantum Leap

Prefer the pain
    of knowing
    to the pleasures
    of ignorance,

the risk of being
    right to every
    temporal security
    of being wrong.

Awesome concept,
    faith alone.
    Pascal wagered.
    Einstein understood.

(Sacramento, California 1990)"

"Awesome concept,
    faith alone." <--- "in Christ alone" is implied.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 08:38
    "Awesome concept,
    faith alone." <--- "in Christ alone" is implied.
    Be that as it may, but why did you remove the words "in Christ" from the poem? It seems like a curious decision.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree