1 Samuel 15

1 Samuel 15

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
13 Jul 17

15 Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the Lord sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the Lord. 2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

I think liberals and conservative Christians agree that God is the same today as He has always been. We can also agree that Jesus, God the Father and the Holy Spirit are and have always been together and are in total agreement.

My question is how can liberals justify worshipping a God that commanded people to kill innocent civilians, including children and babies?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jul 17

Originally posted by Eladar
[b]15 Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the Lord sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the Lord. 2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs ...[text shortened]... rshipping a God that commanded people to kill innocent civilians, including children and babies?
Jewish legend has it that these Amalekites were a strain of the nephilim or giants which God was trying to eradicate, hence the instruction to wipe them out completely.

E

Moves
13 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Jewish legend has it that these Amalekites were a strain of the nephilim or giants which God was trying to eradicate, hence the instruction to wipe them out completely.
So you believe the Old Testament accounts of Israel's conquest of the promused land is not true?

The Bible is just a book of made up stuff from which we loosely base our beliefs?

If so, then why claim the Bible as anything special? Tradition?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jul 17

So you believe the Old Testament accounts of Israel's conquest of the promused land is not true?

The Bible is just a book of made up stuff from which we loosely base our beliefs?

If so, then why claim the Bible as anything special? Tradition?
Did I say that I believe it is not true ?

E

Moves
13 Jul 17

Did I say that I believe it is not true ?
So you think God gave the order to slaught helpless men, women, children and babies?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jul 17

So you think God gave the order to slaught helpless men, women, children and babies?
Are you right in your head? What is unclear about what I said?

E

Moves
13 Jul 17

Are you right in your head? What is unclear about what I said?
The use of the term Jewish Legend must be throwing me.

Do youbelieve God instructed the genocide or not? Simple question, which for some reason you do not appear to want to answer. A simple yes or no will do.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jul 17

The use of the term Jewish Legend must be throwing me.

Do youbelieve God instructed the genocide or not? Simple question, which for some reason you do not appear to want to answer. A simple yes or no will do.
You must be the worlds biggest donkey.

E

Moves
13 Jul 17

You must be the worlds biggest donkey.
Perhaps, but you are a coward who is unwilling to answer a simple question.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jul 17

Perhaps, but you are a coward who is unwilling to answer a simple question.
I already answered it.

Copy and Paste and second post of this thread here :

.................................................................................................................................

Read it

E

Moves
13 Jul 17

The reason given in the Old Testament is different from the reason you give.

How about Jericho? Why was it listed to have, with minor exception, its population wiped from the earth?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jul 17

The reason given in the Old Testament is different from the reason you give.

How about Jericho? Why was it listed to have, with minor exception, its population wiped from the earth?
You need psyhchiratic help pal .. go get some.

So far I said this:

Which clearly says that God instructed the Jews to wipe out the Amalekites.

Then you asked me the same question AGAIN

E

Moves
13 Jul 17

You need psyhchiratic help pal .. go get some.

So far I said this:

Which clearly says that God instructed the Jews to wipe out the Amalekites.

Then you asked me the same qu ...[text shortened]... N

I was making sure you believed it was actually from God and not merely legend.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jul 17

I was making sure you believed it was actually from God and not merely legend.
Cant you read?