1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 18:42
    Originally posted by asromacalcio
    Sure, I believe it will, but I and a lot of other very spiritual people belive that 2012 and the period leading up to it represent the most dynamic period in this planet's history. Quite how and why or what is another matter, but it's big news to very many people.
    You and a lot of very gullible people, perhaps.
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 22:12

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 07:12
    Originally posted by David C
    2012 is the year on the Gregorian Calendar that marks the end of the 5th sun in Mayan Cosmology. In practical terms, it is also the first year that we can note that we have actually entered the first degree (of 30) of the Age of Aquarius (having left the Age of Pisces).
    It would be great if there were an astrologer here who could say something meaningful (in astrological terms) about this date, which at the very least shows that the Mayans and the Babylonians were on the same page, something I find remarkable in itself.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 08:40
    Right here we go. I'm going to make a rock solid prediction here. The human race will never end, the world will never explode, the atmosphere is not going to catch fire.

(Who is going to be around to tell me I'm wrong?)
  5. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 12:40
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    As I understand it the date 12/21/12 is supposed to be the end of the Mayan calendar. This may simply mean that they finally realized that they had planned far enough ahead. I’m not sure if the Mayans ever intended it to be a doomsday prediction.
    Very interesting and intelligent observation. Thanks.
  6. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 12:451 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You and a lot of very gullible people, perhaps.
    Come on, as far as the whole market for spiritual 'products' is concerned there is a mass of public naivety and gullibility involved, but as for global events, how can you possibly say that this isn't a very powerful period? OK, not the first, not the last, but there seem to be so many more disasters, natural or otherwise, we have climate change starting to become impossible to doubt, terrorism, political instability in many parts of the world etc etc.

I'm not talking candle holders here, some things are just true.
  7. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 12:48
    This is like the millenia all over again...
  8. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 13:59
    Originally posted by Chakan
    This is like the millenia all over again...
    I thought, and have said the same thing. But what happened in the world from 1994 to 2000 is nothing compared to in the five years since, even if you do put it down to coincidence.
  9. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 17:12

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 20:551 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    You know what we have? 24-hour news. That's what's different.
    Another valid point, but we had it in 1997 etc, only they weren't so busy then.
  11. Joined
    17 Apr '03
    Moves
    01 Feb '06 00:12
    The jury is still out on that one.

So too however on the latter part of your post, the 2013 part.

Many believe there will not be a 2013.
    ohhhhh man, just when my mortgage is finished too...........
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Feb '06 13:141 edit
    Come on, as far as the whole market for spiritual 'products' is concerned there is a mass of public naivety and gullibility involved, but as for global events, how can you possibly say that this isn't a very powerful period? OK, not the first, not the last, but there seem to be so many more disasters, natural or otherwise, we have climate change startin ...[text shortened]... rts of the world etc etc.

I'm not talking candle holders here, some things are just true.
    Can you give any valid stats on natural disasters ? I am not aware of any increases. Casualties due to disasters does increase with population and therefore with time. There is some link between storm severity and global warming but the effects of that started well before 2000.

we have climate change starting to become impossible to doubt,
    I did not doubt climate change 20 years ago, and neither did most of the world. The Kyoto protocol was signed in 2000.
    Some people who are financially involved still deny climate change.

When we look at worldwide events nothing yet beats the two world wars coupled with the flu virus that wiped out more people than the first world war. Predicters of doom always have blindspots.
  13. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    02 Feb '06 10:14
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Can you give any valid stats on natural disasters ? I am not aware of any increases. Casualties due to disasters does increase with population and therefore with time. There is some link between storm severity and global warming but the effects of that started well before 2000.

[b]we have climate change starting to become impossible to doubt,

I d ...[text shortened]... that wiped out more people than the first world war. Predicters of doom always have blindspots.[/b]
    Good post, and no I can't answer all your questions, but to clear up, I'm not prediciting doom nor the End (capital E), but change. It is quite certain in my mind that many of these changes began some time ago. 2012 is where I believe things are headed, and no, I can't say why.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Feb '06 13:06
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The Kyoto protocol was signed in 2000.
    Just to correct that typo I mean to say "The Kyoto protocol was signed well before 2000."
  15. Meddling with things
    Moves
    02 Feb '06 13:21
    The jury is still out on that one.

So too however on the latter part of your post, the 2013 part.

Many believe there will not be a 2013.
    There will definately be a 2013. Will I be around to see it...not certain

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree