1. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 22:201 edit
    ...imaginary.

YouTube

Step 1: 1 Cor 15:3-8

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
    4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,
    5 and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve.
    6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep.
    7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles,
    8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born

Three facts to note:

- Jesus proved his resurrection by appearing to people
    - It is permitted by God the Father that Jesus appear to people
    - Appearing to people does not negate their free will or harm their faith

Step 2: Matthew 18:19-20

19 "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.
    20 For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

Two facts to note:

- Jesus is already here amongst us
    - If two are in agreement, God will do what is asked

Step 3: Grab a friend, and pray to God that Jesus appear before you.

Let us know the results, OK?
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 22:50
    If you do anything long enough, eventually the time will come. That would be embarassing, of course, to have so many other proofs and yet fail to see the train until its rolling over your legs.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 23:08
    Originally posted by David C
    ...imaginary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUj8hg5CoSw

[b]Step 1:
    1 Cor 15:3-8

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
    4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,
    5 and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Tw ...[text shortened]... Grab a friend, and pray to God that Jesus appear before you.

Let us know the results, OK?[/b]
    Jesus did appear to us this morning as we set our hearts to enjoy Him.

But this was not a physical appearing. "The last Adam became a life giving Spirit" says 1 Cor. 16:45.

Christ in His physical resurrection also transfigured Himself into the ife giving Spirit. This life giving Spirit imparts the Person of Christ into a mans or women's innermost being.

Of course He promised that one day He will appear again for the physical eyes to see. When He does I think most people will think that it is too soon rather than too late.

In the mean time we have an advantage over the first disciples. For Jesus was only be among them. But in resurrection He can within us. So He told them that it was expedient for them that He go away that He might send the Another Comforter - the Spirit of reality.

Christ today is the life giving Spirit who can join one spirit with our human spirit causing Him to "appear" within our lives. When He takes control then others also will see the transformation in our personalities and Christ in a sense appears to them through us also.

As for asking and gathering in His name. I can't believe that such immaturity would assume that this is making a Vending Machine out of the Son of God.

In His name means in His Person. When you get into His Person and all that He wills and all that is of His desire, then you may ask according to His will and it shall be done.

Don't assume that this is your asking to spend upon your lusts. This is asking in His name and gathering into His name meaning gathering into all that He represents as being absolute for God.

This kind of harmonious asking in oneness and in the realm and sphere of Christ is effective. We are asking Him to return to this earth and we believe that the accumulated asking of the Christians may soon be answered.

When He comes most people will think that it is too soon.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 00:16
    Double spacing is required so Jesus can exist in the gaps.
  5. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 12:27
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    If you do anything long enough, eventually the time will come. That would be embarassing, of course, to have so many other proofs and yet fail to see the train until its rolling over your legs.
    Indeed. You do seem to be doing an excellent job, however, denying the obvious reality of life, however harsh you may feel it is.
  6. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 13:08
    Indeed. You do seem to be doing an excellent job, however, denying the obvious reality of life, however harsh you may feel it is.
    Ummm... just checking... what's the obvious, harsh, reality of life again?
  7. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 13:45
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    Ummm... just checking... what's the obvious, harsh, reality of life again?
    It ends.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    26 Aug '06 13:57
    It ends.
    Good thing you're hedging your bets, though.
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    26 Aug '06 18:11
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Good thing you're hedging your bets, though.
    Can't hedge them all. Especially if any one of these supernatural punishers is "jealous."

What are you gonna do when you die and discover that three gods exist together and they only punish those who believed in other gods?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree