1. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 May '10 05:031 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Again, you're putting the apples with the oranges. In my thread, both believers and unbelievers are subject to the given, i.e., the soul lives forever and decisions by the individual will determine where they spend that forever. Whether or not they 'believe' this to be true, it was described as a given.
    Now you seem to be getting confused by your own thread. It is a requirement in your thread that the 'unbelievers' believe the given to be true. Now you seem to be denying that - which would change the whole nature of the question completely.
    In fact you seem to be loosing sight of the fact that it is the belief of the unbeliever that makes your thread in any way applicable to real life as the given is not factual.

The labels for their status (believer or unbeliever) were described in reference only to the gift: acceptance or rejection.
    And I maintain that your choice of wording was misleading. Why use a word which to everyone else means something completely different and redefine it for your thread? Further, why not at a minimum give that redefinition in the OP instead of many posts later after sowing massive confusion?

The given was not a determining factor in the label; only their decision regarding the gift was in view. Those who accept the gift are called believers, whereas those who reject the gift are called unbelievers. How much merit either put into the given is inconsequential, as is equally inconsequential how they live their lives as a result of their decision.
    How much merit either puts in the given is clearly important if you actually want to answer your question as it is presumably the main determining factor in their decision.
    After all your OP says nothing about what the result of accepting the gift might be. If the result is seen as detrimental, then obviously one would reject it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree