1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '16 20:40
    As you have both been exercising your well developed powers of obfuscation and avoidance across several threads on this topic, I thought I'd start a new one to help you focus 🙂

The pair of you, and especially carrobie, are frequently challenging and sometimes deriding various mainstream doctrines, such as the deity of Christ. So I thought I'd bring this JW gem up again.

You deny the deity of Jesus Christ, claiming he is an angel.
    You admit that Jesus is "Mighty God" as described by Isaiah, but deny that he is "Almighty God". You draw a distinction between the two.
    I've not heard you deny that Jesus (the angel) is the "Everlasting Father"...?

Furthermore...
    This angel, Jesus is also you saviour, who died for your sins on the stake.
    Jehovah is also your saviour. your co-saviour.
    So, as carrobie once confirmed, you have two saviours.
    One of your saviours is an angel, who is Isaiah's "Mighty God".

And you have the nerve to hassle the trinitarians.

Care to explain this stuff..?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 15:46
    Originally posted by divegeester
    As you have both been exercising your well developed powers of obfuscation and avoidance across several threads on this topic, I thought I'd start a new one to help you focus 🙂

The pair of you, and especially carrobie, are frequently challenging and sometimes deriding various mainstream doctrines, such as the deity of Christ. So I thought I'd bring t ...[text shortened]... ty God".

I have a question for you:

Why do you (here in the 21st century) still believe in that man made religion you follow? You do realize there was no deity involved in the manufacturing of this and all other human religions, right?

If there was a deity, how do you explain the non-interference with the 100 million + deaths due to various wars in century 20 and 19?

So if this alleged deity of yours does nothing when an entire country's worth of people are killed, what would be the number that this supposed deity WOULD say ENOUGH?

Clearly not 100 million. So what, 1 billion? 10 billion? Of course at that level there would be no more humans alive so what is the number that your personal god would intervene in all these dreadful killings, 1 month old babies, women, children, men, elderly, the killers could care less. Why doesn't your so-called god care either?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 19:053 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I have a question for you:

Why do you (here in the 21st century) still believe in that man made religion you follow? You do realize there was no deity involved in the manufacturing of this and all other human religions, right?

If there was a deity, how do you explain the non-interference with the 100 million + deaths due to various wars in century 2 ...[text shortened]... children, men, elderly, the killers could care less. Why doesn't your so-called god care either?
    (I'm not in the habit of ignoring people as are the Jehovah's Witneses and some Christians here, such as KellyJay, just because I don't like the question)

For me, as someone who does examine my beliefs, the concept of suffering on earth does not preclude the existence of the God I believe in. However I am sometimes doubtful and frequently angry at the "how" in terms of the long-term plan. I don't get it either. But that doesn't stop me believing. Many questions which atheists ask I fully concur with, I was atheist by default. The question of suffering is one which is understand from you or perspective but doesn't stop me believing. The hope I have is, I believe, God given. But I grant you, much of religion and much of contemporary Christianity sucks.
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 19:10
    (I'm not in the habit of ignoring people as are the Jehovah's Witneses and some Christians here, such as KellyJay, just because I don't like the question)

For me, as someone who does examine my beliefs, the concept of suffering of earth does not preclude the existence of the God I believe in. However I am sometimes doubtful and frequently angry ...[text shortened]... lieve, God given. But I grant you, mush of religion and much of contemporary Christianity sucks.
    Why doesn't suffering stop you believing?

I could never get passed that.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 19:27
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

I don't know. I guess believing is not a choice, for me. I choose not to believe in certain teachings such as eternal suffering.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 19:59
    I choose not to believe in certain teachings such as eternal suffering.
    You choose based on the evidence or some rational reason, or you choose because you simply don't like it?
    What does it even mean to 'choose to believe'?
  7. St. Peter's
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 20:19

*past
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 20:44
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You choose based on the evidence or some rational reason, or you choose because you simply don't like it?
    What does it even mean to 'choose to believe'?
    "Accept" is the correct word in that context. Not "believe".
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 21:00
    Originally posted by Doward
    *past
    If that pleases you.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 23:52

If you've got stuck at Why doesn't suffering stop you believing? and can't get past it, that means they know exactly where you are and can order a drone strike.
  11. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 09:51
    The robin is strangely quiet.
    Thought he would be squawking by now.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 13:46

It seems that religious people draw a very, very, almost non-existent thin line between believe and hope.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 21:33

The pair of you, and especially carrobie, are frequently challenging and sometimes deriding various mainstream doctrines, such as the deity of Christ. So I thought I'd bring t ...[text shortened]... ty God".

Bump for any of the Jehovah's Witneses...

Anyone...
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 21:43
    feel free to ignore me at anytime - divegeester

thanks its excellent advice.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 21:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    feel free to ignore me at anytime - divegeester

thanks its excellent advice.
    Maybe roigam or Galveston75 will respond.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree