1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '14 19:101 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Maybe I didn't read your post carefully enough or the post to which it was a reaction.

Criticism accepted.

Oh, that is absolutely splendid that you far far better understand the teaching of Jesus as He walked the earth. That's imperial.

What does [b]John 3:13
    mean ? Any idea ?[/b]
    Maybe? C'mon Jaywill. There doesn't seem to be any "maybe" about it. From what I can tell, your problem with understanding what you read is due in no small part to your habit of taking individual statements out of context and analyzing them as if they aren't part of something larger such as paragraphs, posts, discussions, etc. It makes it all but impossible for you to understand the "big picture". You seem to do the same with the Bible when you take verses out of context and analyze them as if they were made in a vacuum and/or take several of them from different sources and cobble them together in order to "prove" some concept. It makes having a meaningful discussion with you all but impossible.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '14 21:30
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Maybe? C'mon Jaywill. There doesn't seem to be any "maybe" about it. From what I can tell, your problem with understanding what you read is due in no small part to your habit of taking individual statements out of context and analyzing them as if they aren't part of something larger such as paragraphs, posts, discussions, etc. It makes it all but impossib ...[text shortened]... er to "prove" some concept. It makes having a meaningful discussion with you all but impossible.
    Exactly! Don't even try.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '14 21:501 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Exactly! Don't even try.
    "Exactly!" what? Are you agreeing with what I said?
  4. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    25 Feb '14 15:04
    He who has failed himself has failed all; he who has conquered himself has won all.

Bowl of Saki, February 25, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan:

There is no reason for anyone to feel discouraged by his weaknesses or deficiencies, or by his actions that have dissatisfied him, or by anything in life that has failed. He should forget the past that has failed him, and begin to construct and mold his future as he would wish it to be. Considering that as a branch is not separate from the bough, and the bough is not separate from the stem, so with all our limitations we are not separate from the will of the Unlimited One.

from http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_5.htm

if you fall seven times, stand up eight...
    i am not sure if this is japanese, buddhist, or taoist, but that matters little...
  5. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 13:25
    As man rises above passion, so he begins to know what is love.

Bowl of Saki, February 26, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

To an angelic soul love means glorification
    To a jinn soul love means admiration
    To a human soul love means affection
    To an animal soul love means passion.

One need not fall in love, one must rise through love. Pour out floods of love, yet keeping your garment of detachment from being wet. ... To what does the love of God lead? It leads to that peace and stillness which can be seen in the life of the tree which flowers and bears fruit for others and expects no return. ... A person who is able to help others should not hide himself but do his best to come out into the world. 'Raise up your light high', it is said. All that is in you should be brought out, and if the conditions hinder you, break through the conditions!

from http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIV/XIV_5.htm
  6. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 14:09
    He who can live up to his ideal is the king of life; he who cannot live up to it is life's slave.

Bowl of Saki, February 28, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

The ideal life is at least to try to live up to one's ideal. But in order to have an ideal one must first awaken to an ideal. Not everyone possesses an ideal; many people do not know of it. It is no exaggeration to say that the wars and disasters we have gone through, the unrest that all feel, and the disagreement among the people which is sometimes seen and sometimes not seen, are all caused by one thing and that is the lack of an ideal.

http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VI/VI_15.htm
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 15:00
    The priest gives a benediction from the church; the branches of the tree in bending give blessing from God.

Bowl of Saki, March 2, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Anyone who has some knowledge of mysticism and of the lives of the mystics knows that what always attracts the mystic most is nature. Nature is his bread and wine. Nature is his soul's nourishment. Nature inspires him, uplifts him and gives him the solitude for which his soul continually longs. Every soul born with a mystical tendency is constantly drawn towards nature. In nature that soul finds its life's demand, as it is said in the Vadan, 'Art is dear to my heart, but nature is near to my soul.' ... nature itself is the glory of God.

http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XI/XI_III_7.htm
  8. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 15:02
    Originally posted by rookie54
    The priest gives a benediction from the church; the branches of the tree in bending give blessing from God.
    personally, i find myself closer to, and hearing God better, when i am unfettered by walls...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree