1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 20:40
    I had two conversations in the past couple of days. One was with a preacher. He said he was outraged that a gay person would sing at a funeral. My question is this: Is it appropiate for gay people to sing at such a sacred event?

My other conversation was with a woman who swore that if she found out her daughter was a lesbian she would throw her out of the house and never let her back in or talk to her again, but at the same time she said she would defend her gay hairdressor "to the death." My question is this: Can someone help me figure this one out? Or have I entered the Twighlite Zone?
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 20:51
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I had two conversations in the past couple of days. One was with a preacher. He said he was outraged that a gay person would sing at a funeral. My question is this: Is it appropiate for gay people to sing at such a sacred event?

My other conversation was with a woman who swore that if she found out her daughter was a lesbian she would throw her out ...[text shortened]... stion is this: Can someone help me figure this one out? Or have I entered the Twighlite Zone?
    These are very, very difficult questions. All I know is that I would much rather live in the Twilight Zone than in Kentucky.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 21:041 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    These are very, very difficult questions. All I know is that I would much rather live in the Twilight Zone than in Kentucky.
    Preach it, my brotha! I keep hearing that the word of God is to be obeyed and that it is all truthful, but when I aske them what keeps them from killing gays as the Bible demands, the crowd tends to disapate.

What states would you recommend I move to? I was real impressed with those brothaz from Arkansas. I need to be in my tribe if you know what I mean.
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 21:44

My other conversation was with a woman who swore that if she found out her daughter was a lesbian she would throw her out ...[text shortened]... stion is this: Can someone help me figure this one out? Or have I entered the Twighlite Zone?
    What's the Twighlite Zone? Is it in a forest?
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 21:51
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    What's the Twighlite Zone? Is it in a forest?
    YouTube
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 21:53

Is it appropiate for gay people to sing at such a sacred event?

Yes. It is inappropriate for people to be so prejudiced as to see that as a hindrance to their participation.

Can someone help me figure this one out? Or have I entered the Twighlite Zone

Sometimes people don't see their own double-standards. I wish I could say you've entered the twilight zone, but I also can't figure that out completely myself.
  7. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 22:04
    I always remind people of what Paul wrote to the Romans:

Romans 14
    The Weak and the Strong
    1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
    5One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.
  8. Joined
    10 Apr '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 02:451 edit
    My other conversation was with a woman who swore that if she found out her daughter was a lesbian she would throw her out of the house and never let her back in or talk to her again, but at the same time she said she would defend her gay hairdressor "to the death." My question is this: Can someone help me figure this one out? Or have I entered the Twighlite Zone?
    I would speculate that the woman can feel blithe about her gay hairdresser because she has no emotional investment in him/her and sees the fact that she would defend that person as a testament to her open-mindedness.

On the other hand, her child is a reflection of her, her beliefs and her parenting and she would throw the daughter away rather than concede that she might not have total control over who her daughter is.

Just guessing.
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 02:47
    Originally posted by duecer
    [b]I always remind people of what Paul wrote to the Romans:

Romans 14
    The Weak and the Strong
    1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.
    Viva las vegetarians!! ๐Ÿ˜ 
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 03:143 edits

My other conversation was with a woman who swore that if she found out her daughter was a lesbian she would throw her out stion is this: Can someone help me figure this one out? Or have I entered the Twighlite Zone?
    Why would someone sing at a funeral?

Anyhew, just for the record gays should only be allowed to sing at gay events such as weddings, bar mitzvah's, and Judy Garland festivals. I think that is only common sense.

I hope this clears up the matter.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 03:321 edit

My other conversation was with a woman who swore that if she found out her daughter was a lesbian she would throw her out stion is this: Can someone help me figure this one out? Or have I entered the Twighlite Zone?
    Do gay people die differently than straights? It's anathema to me to think a preacher would think it wrong. Does he think gays are not entitled to spirituality? This one goes over the top as far as I can see.
    It's like condemning Eminen because he is not black. (I don't like him, I just thought it would make a good analogy)
    It seems rather to me the preacher is the sick one. They just make assumptions as to the origin of gay lifestyles with no scientific backup, just like the idiots of creationism or the young earthers.
    The idea that a mother would reject her daughter based on the child's sexual orientation shows how shallow she really is. She obviously has no maternal instinct, with more empathy for her hairdresser than her own flesh and blood. Another sicko.
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 04:10
    Originally posted by sonhouse

It's like condemning Eminen because he is not black.
    Em's not black? Doesn't he always grab his balls and talk with an accent?
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 05:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why would someone sing at a funeral?

Anyhew, just for the record gays should only be allowed to sing at gay events such as weddings, bar mitzvah's, and Judy Garland festivals. I think that is only common sense.

I hope this clears up the matter.
    Sure๐Ÿ™„
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 06:19

Answer to christians:
    Even gay people are part of cods creation, isn't they?
    By denying gays you deny gods creation.

Answer to homophobians:
    Homosexuality is not unnatural, it's a part of nature, and it's out there, in the nature.
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 08:01
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Answer to christians:
    Even gay people are part of cods creation, isn't they?
    By denying gays you deny gods creation.

Answer to homophobians:
    Homosexuality is not unnatural, it's a part of nature, and it's out there, in the nature.
    Nope; them filthy gays went all the way down to their slippery (when wet) journey's miserable end thirsty for Lust and hungry for the fruits of Passion. And they were wild with the bananas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree