1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 18:27
    Originally posted by Halitose
    No worries about the repetition, it was only touched on. There might even be a clan with that name -- it was a quite a couple months ago.

I guess I'm not kindly disposed towards Dawkins, but his stance is logically flawed. He presupposes infinite knowledge for his stance of strong atheism -- rather presumptuous.

To expect science to prove God is like ...[text shortened]... ation of the spiritual not a tangible entity one can put in a box and study under a microscope.
    Along ATY's line, convert everything into binary (so even a computer can understand it 😛 ), and then replace all the zeros with 2's.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 18:34
    Originally posted by Rolfey
    "FSM apparently has no claim, whatsoever, outside of someone's meaningless imagination"

just like god then.
    If that's what gets you through the night, far be it from me to wake you.
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    05 Mar '06 17:01
    Originally posted by telerion
    Along ATY's line, convert everything into binary (so even a computer can understand it 😛 ), and then replace all the zeros with 2's.
    Yeah, how else are you going to explain 'nothing'. 😉
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    05 Mar '06 17:08
    sorry for the delay halitose. i've been discussing this with others and only really have the following from another thread that i wrote:

"Despite how much you dislike the theory of the FSM you can not disprove it, like your mythical god can not be disproved. BTW, it doesn't have to be the FSM, it can be anything at all - I could state there was a three he ...[text shortened]... that can not be proved. clearly i have no faith. i'll manage without it though i'm sure
    Hey rolf. Sorry for not replying before, I didn't notice your reply.

There is one distinct and profound difference between the FSM ™ or GHSDSKJDH © and the Christian religion, namely the person of Jesus Christ.
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    05 Mar '06 17:31

There is one distinct and profound difference between the FSM ™ or GHSDSKJDH © and the Christian religion, namely the person of Jesus Christ.
    Since we're pointing out trivial differences, the "Christian religion" starts with a capital 'c.'
  6. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    05 Mar '06 17:381 edit
    Originally posted by telerion
    Since we're pointing out trivial differences, the "Christian religion" starts with a capital 'c.'
    Right you are, as least it's not entirely upper case.

Edit: and no, I wouldn't say Jesus is a trivial difference.
  7. Joined
    25 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '06 17:52

as stupid as this will sound to you they could easily say that the pirates represent the jesus christ character in this equally bizarre (as the bible) story.
  8. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    05 Mar '06 18:08
    as stupid as this will sound to you they could easily say that the pirates represent the jesus christ character in this equally bizarre (as the bible) story.
    I'm afraid I'm not following you.
  9. Joined
    25 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '06 20:19
    yeah sorry about that, it's more than a little abstract. to short story it they have pirates as the FSM's representatives here on earth. the point they are making is that they could pick anyone and you can't disprove it, like jesus.
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    05 Mar '06 20:29
    Isn't it typical of you christian types - argue against something, yet you don't have the first clue about it - kinda like what ya do all the time with evolution.
  11. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    06 Mar '06 05:53
    yeah sorry about that, it's more than a little abstract. to short story it they have pirates as the FSM's representatives here on earth. the point they are making is that they could pick anyone and you can't disprove it, like jesus.
    Did the pirates claim divinity? Did they claim to be representatives of the FSM?
  12. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    06 Mar '06 05:55
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Isn't it typical of you christian types - argue against something, yet you don't have the first clue about it - kinda like what ya do all the time with evolution.
    I'm guessing this is a rhetorical statement, so I won't bother trying to prove to the contrary.
  13. Joined
    25 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Mar '06 21:49
    Did the pirates claim divinity? Did they claim to be representatives of the FSM?
    probably not, but if they did could it be disproved?
  14. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    07 Mar '06 18:15
    probably not, but if they did could it be disproved?
    Of course. Is there anything supernatural about pirates? Were they reputed to give great moral teaching, heal the sick or do any other supernatural deeds? To the contrary, they were murderers, thieves and rapists, the scum of the earth.
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    07 Mar '06 18:39
    Of course. Is there anything supernatural about pirates? Were they reputed to give great moral teaching, heal the sick or do any other supernatural deeds? To the contrary, they were murderers, thieves and rapists, the scum of the earth.
    Who says that's not the way they should behave. Who says a messiah has to be nice?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree