1. Joined
    19 Nov '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 21:14
    i would just like to say thank you for all those answers, it did help in a lot of ways... i still have my doubts, but your answers have helped me see things a little clearer
  2. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 22:22
    1... does it really matter if i believe in god anyway, after all, when i die surely god will just forgive me and let me into heaven, if he doesnt, isn't this kinda going against what he's preached to millions..?

He has forgiven you as he has all of us , but the next stage is to RECEIVE His forgiveness.That's the hard part (confession , repentance etc etc) It's not a question of whether God will "let" you into heaven but of whether you will LET yourself to be taken there by him or hold fast to the idea that you know better than the one who created you. It's a gift , you either accept it gracefully , or do something else , but if you don't go to heaven it won't be God's doing.
  3. Joined
    07 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 21:47
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    LET yourself to be taken there by him or hold fast to the idea that you know better than the one who created you
    Let myself be taken to heaven where i can sit with 2/3 of God and some devout Christians? I'd rather stand by logic and burn in hell thank you very much.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 22:02
    Originally posted by Munchies
    Let myself be taken to heaven where i can sit with 2/3 of God and some devout Christians? I'd rather stand by logic and burn in hell thank you very much.
    Your response is most ill-logical.
  5. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    25 Nov '06 22:44
    1. The living God has devised a test of will. Either you choose His, or you choose your own. If you reject His will, you accept the alternatives that rejection brings. In this case, you accept an eternal separation from Him. That is what He has 'preached' from the beginning.

This is what is called a false dichotomy. Not only that, it is contradictory--either choose the Bible, a man made collection of man made documents, or choose the way of man. It's choose man or choose man! As someone who feels the glow of God without the crutch of nonsensical superstition and illogical explainations, I find this supposed choice insulting. There is no test of will. There is only the continuing stubbornness of man thinking he can control that which is beyond him. God is there, and there has never been any rejection.

I think the true question that was asked here was one concerning the "seperateness" of God the Father and Christ, of how somehow God could not save humanity without following some ridiculous barbaric ritual. Without blood God's hands were tied. Can you really imagine God's hands tied?

2. The creation of sin has been addressed ad nauseum, always with the same results. God created free will. Free will has potential (not guarantee) for transgression.

What you call "free will" is actually man turning his back on God. For man to think he has complete control of his self and environment is for him to consider himself a god equal to God. Unfortunately, those people who begin to realize the truth of this often turn towards the Bible without realizing that the Bible is a false idol that shows the "will" of man, not of God. God does show His face everywhere, however.

3. No. God is described as good of intrinsic value; in His case, the value upon which all good is measured.

Described by who? By what? If God is so good, why the slaughters described in the Bible as being in his name and even commanded/caused by Him? This is the ultimate insult on God, in my opinion. Evil comes from man, and as long as we continue to embrace ourselves as gods and ignore God we will continue to bathe in it.

In a way, though, it could be correct to say that God created evil as he obviously instilled in man the ability to turn away from Him.

4. Yes.

So? Nothing else to say? You continuously ignore the real questions asked and replace them with strawmen.

5. Jesus' work on the cross took away the penalty of sin, not the presence (although such a sin-free environment waits in the future).

See my comments in the first section above. The whole concept that God needed to follow any procedure to do something is absurd, not to mention that if there were to be a procedure that God would be forced to follow it seems unlikely that that procedure would be the cumulation of a barbaric culture based on blood sacrifice.

Sin is part of us now as it always has been. God is not upset, however. We must always remember that we were not kicked out of paradise--we ran away, and continue to run.
  6. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    25 Nov '06 22:45
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Your response is most ill-logical.
    agreed and seconded.
  7. Standard memberMr Average
    Mr Average
    Southern England...
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 17:26
    Originally posted by queengilbert
    not trying to be rude or offensive to christians, but could they please answer a few questions for me as i feel pretty confused about this...

1... does it really matter if i believe in god anyway, after all, when i die surely god will just forgive me and let me into heaven, if he doesnt, isn't this kinda going against what he's preached to millions.. ...[text shortened]... sin..?

5... finally, if jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin in the world..?
    1 Perhaps he will confirm your choices; not to live his way, believing in him, by allowing you to live apart from him after you die. If you do not want to share in Christ now and he does not force you to, will he force you to after death, or will he allow you to die, as you have lived?
  8. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 15:30
    The concept of evil must be a real headache for Christians.

1. A good God would destroy evil.
    2. An all powerful God could destroy evil.
    3. Evil is not destroyed.
    4. Therefore, there cannot possibly be such a good and powerful God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree