1. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    17 May '06 19:54
    If mechanisms exist which are hidden to the eye then shouldn't there be mechanisms which exist hidden to the soul?
  2. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    17 May '06 20:11
    The logic doesn't follow.

-JC
  3. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    17 May '06 20:26
    Why not?
  4. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    17 May '06 20:33
    Originally posted by ChessJester
    Why not?
    Well, to start with, you'll need to define the soul as something that performs a similar function to an eye and works in a similar way. I don't think many people would be prepared to do that.

I don't actually know why I bothered saying that as the question makes very little sense to me anyway.
  5. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    17 May '06 21:07
    Originally posted by Wheely
    Well, to start with, you'll need to define the soul as something that performs a similar function to an eye and works in a similar way. I don't think many people would be prepared to do that.

I don't actually know why I bothered saying that as the question makes very little sense to me anyway.
    Well most people think that the soul is transendental... or that is is omniscient... it doesn't necessarilly have to perform similar to the eye, but it has to gather information from some type of source... (like god)

If you were to compare sight to touch then sight is very similar as it is able to see everything that can be touched, yet you can only touch one thing at a time... and yet there are things that cannot either be seen or touched... so then could there be things that exist beyond the realm of the soul? something that even our soul cannot detect?
  6. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    17 May '06 21:32
    Originally posted by ChessJester
    Why not?
    If mechanisms exist which are hidden to the eye then shouldn't there be mechanisms which exist hidden to the soul?

You are basically trying to state:

If A = C then shouldn't B = C ?

I suppose the actual answer is "no".

-JC

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree