1. Maryland
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 11:47
    To paraphrase David Hume, it takes a miracle to be a Christian!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 12:18
    Originally posted by 667joe
    To paraphrase David Hume, it takes a miracle to be a Christian!
    one day Joe you might actually get an original thought, just keep hanging in there.
  3. Maryland
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 12:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    one day Joe you might actually get an original thought, just keep hanging in there.
    I predict I will have an original thought before your theology evolves beyond delusion!
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 12:36
    Says the man who has all his doctrines handed down from other people!
  5. Wat?
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 13:41
    To paraphrase David Ike......... well who would bother?

If Christ does make a 2nd visit, he'll be treated equally insane, unless he pulls the water to wine magic again....and the world gets pissed. 😀
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 16:49
    Originally posted by mikelom
    To paraphrase David Ike......... well who would bother?

If Christ does make a 2nd visit, he'll be treated equally insane, unless he pulls the water to wine magic again....and the world gets pissed. 😀
    The first time Christ appeared, it was as a meek carpenter, a "man of the people".

Don't worry, next time he shows, it will be to kick ass and take names.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 17:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The first time Christ appeared, it was as a meek carpenter, a "man of the people".

yes yours 😛
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 17:16
    yes yours 😛
    I don't know about you, but I'm quite sure I'll be dead by then.

The AntiChrist and his buds will have probably seen to that sometime during the Tribulation when I refuse to take the Mark of the Beast.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 18:07
    I don't know about you, but I'm quite sure I'll be dead by then.

The AntiChrist and his buds will have probably seen to that sometime during the Tribulation when I refuse to take the Mark of the Beast.
    why do you say that? no one knows the day or the hour, it could be tomorrow for all
    we know. Also it is evident that a great crowd will survive the tribulation.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 18:561 edit
    why do you say that? no one knows the day or the hour, it could be tomorrow for all
    we know. Also it is evident that a great crowd will survive the tribulation.
    Non Christians, maybe. Followers of the AntiChrist, probably.

Oh, there might be some Christians surviving until the end, but only the healthy ones. The old, the weak, the infirm, those requiring medication to stay alive, no.

As for not knowing the hour, it will no doubt follow the Tribulation.

Christ's return is slated for near the end of the Battle of Armageddon. When it gets close, any Christians left alive will surely see the writing on the wall, so to speak, and anticipate His imminent return.

But even this will occur after the Tribulation, 7 years following the rebuilding of the Temple on the Temple Mount.

So while we may not know the exact hour and day, those with Faith can surely see the signs.

For further info, see The Late, Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsay.

Lol, look at me. I'm starting to sound like you. But it's only because I know these things to be true.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 19:04
    Non Christians, maybe. Followers of the AntiChrist, probably.

Oh, there might be some Christians surviving until the end, but only the healthy ones. The old, the weak, the infirm, those requiring medication to stay alive, no.

As for not knowing the hour, it will no doubt follow the Tribulation.

Christ's return is slated for near the end of the Ba ...[text shortened]... t me. I'm starting to sound like you. But it's only because I know these things to be true.
    what about this scripture?

(Revelation 7:9-14) After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no
    man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues,
    standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there
    were palm branches in their hands. . . . .And in response one of the elders said to me:
    “These who are dressed in the white robes, who are they and where did they come
    from?”  So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one that knows.” And he
    said to me: “These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation, and they
    have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. . .
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 21:41
    what about this scripture?

(Revelation 7:9-14) After these things I saw, and, look! [b]a great crowd
    , which no
    man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues,
    standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there
    were palm branches in their hands. . . . .And in response one of th ...[text shortened]... lation[/b], and they
    have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. . .[/b]
    Are these not the ones martyred for Christ?

Revelation 7:14 in the KJV is:

"And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

"out of great tribulation", not "out of the great tribulation"

I'm not sure "tribulation" here is the same as the seven-year period known as the Tribulation. It could be, I guess. They are those who earn the Kingdom of God through enduring great tribulation for Christ. The ones killed in his name, the ones who "endureth to the end". The end of their lives, not necessarily to the end of the Tribulation.

Now I'm not sure, you've given me a seed of doubt.
  13. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    27 Apr '11 01:00

A cursory reading of the history of Christianity will show a great number of asses kicked, a lot of names taken. In what ways did the Crusades, the Reconquista in Spain, the Reformation in Europe, the Counter Reformation (to shorten the list drastically) fall short in terms of ass kicking? Ass kicking started as soon as the Roman Empire tolerated Christians - they have never stopped.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '11 06:48
    Originally posted by finnegan
    A cursory reading of the history of Christianity will show a great number of asses kicked, a lot of names taken. In what ways did the Crusades, the Reconquista in Spain, the Reformation in Europe, the Counter Reformation (to shorten the list drastically) fall short in terms of ass kicking? Ass kicking started as soon as the Roman Empire tolerated Christians - they have never stopped.
    In what way? They are mere human ass-kicking.

Since the result of the ass-kicking I'm talking about is the final overthrow of Satan, the AntiChrist, the Beast and all the hangers-on (human and otherwise), I guess you could call it the ass-kicking to end all ass-kicking, or maybe the Mother of all ass-kickings.

And the Jews will finally get their warrior-savior they've been expecting for thousands of years.
  15. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    27 Apr '11 09:26
    In what way? They are mere human ass-kicking.

Since the result of the ass-kicking I'm talking about is the final overthrow of Satan, the AntiChrist, the Beast and all the hangers-on (human and otherwise), I guess you could call it the ass-kicking to end all ass-kicking, or maybe the Mother of all ass-kickings.

And the Jews will finally get their warrior-savior they've been expecting for thousands of years.
    Well let's look forward at least to the end of ass kicking even if it requires ass kicking to end all ass kicking.

Amen.

Halleluja!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree