1. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 17:05
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Surely you jest in your reasoning and your conclusion. You just can't be serious.
    No I don't "jest". Many of us don't believe in Jesus. Many people do. Discussing the miracles would seem like an obvious spiritual discussion to me, no?
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 17:09
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    No I don't "jest". Many of us don't believe in Jesus. Many people do. Discussing the miracles would seem like an obvious spiritual discussion to me, no?
    No. Any secular historian or scientist would be ashamed to take that position.

A secular scientist would leap at the chance to debate and disprove the factuality of the miracle accounts.

A secular historian would be fascinated in investigating why they were recorded as such.
  3. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 17:14
    No. Any secular historian or scientist would be ashamed to take that position.

A secular scientist would leap at the chance to debate and disprove the factuality of the miracle accounts.

A secular historian would be fascinated in investigating why they were recorded as such.
    Okay fair enough. Have the debate about miracles take place in the Debates forum but if the same spirialing out of control occurs as I mentioned, it gets alerted.

Again, with all due respect, for some of us the Bible is not real and I'm not about to launch into a debate about that. The Bible itself can be considered a book of "spirituality" so that's why I still think the appropriate forum for it would still be here.
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 17:17
    The Bible itself can be considered a book of "spirituality" so that's why I still think the appropriate forum for it would still be here.
    There is more historical fact in the Bible than in your average elementary school history book. Any secular historian will concede that.
  5. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 17:17
    Okay fair enough. Have the debate about miracles take place in the Debates forum but if the same spirialing out of control occurs as I mentioned, it gets alerted.

Again, with all due respect, for some of us the Bible is not real and I'm not about to launch into a debate about that. The Bible itself can be considered a book of "spirituality" so that's why I still think the appropriate forum for it would still be here.
    Your opinion of drugs and alcohol could also be a discussion of your spirituality, correct?
  6. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 17:20
    There is more historical fact in the Bible than in your average elementary school history book. Any secular historian will concede that.
    Well again, I have absolutely no interest in debating the historical accuracy of the Bible. My only point was to answer your question. You provided a unique response that made me see it slightly differently and from your point of view.
  7. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 17:24
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Your opinion of drugs and alcohol could also be a discussion of your spirituality, correct?
    Which one? If you are referring to the sarcastic remarks made in the "What if" forum then I would say that alertable offense to the moderator where I should be warned from making sarcastic remarks.

This also works for you and if any of us who do not share your faith come crashing in here to hijack your threads with inappropriate remarks then it is your right to have it alerted. I personally have no intention of doing that from this point on.
  8. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 17:26
    Which one? If you are referring to the sarcastic remarks made in the "What if" forum then I would say that alertable offense to the moderator where I should be warned from making sarcastic remarks.

This also works for you and if any of us who do not share your faith come crashing in here to hijack your threads with inappropriate remarks then it is your right to have it alerted. I personally have no intention of doing that from this point on.
    You'll have to explain to me how sharing my opinions, that just so happen to align with God's, is "hijacking your thread."
  9. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 17:34
    Originally posted by Darfius
    You'll have to explain to me how sharing my opinions, that just so happen to align with God's, is "hijacking your thread."
    Darfius,

I don't want to launch into further debate with you here. I am just trying to provide insight as to how to approach this thread. As I said, I don't have any authority. I'm just a paying member like you.

I think we would both agree that you have received a great deal of criticism for your opinion not just from me but from many. I have to say in all honesty you have been the most steadfast on your beliefs and while I do not share them, I admire your tenacity.

Because you are so devout with your beliefs, you tend to incorporate them in every discussion you have. This is a place specifically designed for that. It is also a place for people like myself can avoid, if we want.
  10. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 17:35
    Originally posted by Russ
    For posts about religion.
    Hallelujah!!!

😉
  11. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 17:41
    Darfius,

I don't want to launch into further debate with you here. I am just trying to provide insight as to how to approach this thread. As I said, I don't have any authority. I'm just a paying member like you.

I think we would both agree that you have received a great deal of criticism for your opinion not just from me but from many. I have t ...[text shortened]... cifically designed for that. It is also a place for people like myself can avoid, if we want.
    The point of the Debate Forum is to share your debatable opinion on matters, is it not? I do not see where I failed to follow that rule.

You seem to take umbrage at the specific opinion I often presented, rather than the method of presenting it. My method was quite in line with Forum rules at the time. Therefore I can only assume that I've been quarantined into a Forum where not everyone will have to see my opinion, but if I wish to have an actual debate, I will have to see all of yours.

I'm not sure how one can defend such obvious discrimination.
  12. Graceland.
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 22:35
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    religious zealots spouting off about their faith in the lord until no one longer listens and then they too dissapear?

Yay! Now you can get your sorry arse out of religious forums and stop bitching about it !

Great stuff 🙂
  13. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 01:12
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    religious zealots spouting off about their faith in the lord until no one longer listens and then they too dissapear?

If this actually happens, I might start believing in a Supreme Deity capable of miracles!

Thank you, Russ and this will probably be my only post in this Forum.
    No1: "Thank you, Russ and this will probably be my only post in this Forum."

Promises, promises .......
  14. Los Angeles
    Moves
    30 May '05 20:28

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    30 May '05 21:35
    Originally posted by Russ
    For posts about religion.
    am i missing something here?

whatever will happen to the Spirituality forum then? why? whats the difference?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree