1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 May '05 18:46
    ...but just before he dies, he asks for all his posessions to be sold and for a huge slab of gold to be bought and placed in his coffin.

He reaches the pearly gates and is met by St Peter. He asks St Peter if he can enter into Heaven with his huge slab of gold. St Peter asks him to wait a while. He goes to the throne room and tells God that there is someone at the gate with a piece of pavement who would like to know if he can enter with it...
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    10 May '05 19:421 edit
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    ...but just before he dies, he asks for all his posessions to be sold and for a huge slab of gold to be bought and placed in his coffin.

He reaches the pearly gates and is met by St Peter. He asks St Peter if he can enter into Heaven w ...[text shortened]... iece of pavement who would like to know if he can enter with it...
    i think it is misleading to name this "a rich man dies" for it clearly does not apply to a general rich man.

it should be called something like "a man who believes earthly riches will win him favors in heaven dies".

consider the statement "a man is foolish if and only if he is rich". i think you would be hardpressed to prove either direction (the sufficient or the necessary).

is the bible misleading on this point as well?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 May '05 19:50
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    i think it is misleading to name this "a rich man dies" for it clearly does not apply to a general rich man.

it should be called something like "a man who believes earthly riches will win him favors in heaven dies".

consider the statement "a man is foolish if and only if he is rich". i think you would be hardpressed to prove either direction (the sufficient or the necessary).

is the bible misleading on this point as well?
    OK, sorry this was meant to be a joke. It did not really happen. I could just have said "A certain rich man..."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree