A stubbornly persistent illusion

A stubbornly persistent illusion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
22 Feb 22

The distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion. ~ Albert Einstein

Thoughts as to how this fact, if that's indeed what it is, ought to affect how we live our lives?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
22 Feb 22

@fmf said
The distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion. ~ Albert Einstein

Thoughts as to how this fact, if that's indeed what it is, ought to affect how we live our lives?
I need context to understand his statement.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Feb 22

@fmf said

Living in the present is keeping ahead of the past while in pursuit of the future.

Time is relative to the temporal, hence the need for excellence of living because it's wearing out.

But in the steady state of eternity, where time will have no meaning, perfection will have already been attained.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Feb 22

@bigdogg said
I need context to understand his statement.
You're in the context. You live in the temporal realm where time has meaning; past, present and future.

I think Einstein was mistaken about the attributes of time being an illusion.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
22 Feb 22
2 edits

@josephw said
You're in the context. You live in the temporal realm where time has meaning; past, present and future.

[Ecclesiastes1:9 NKJV] 9 "That which has been [is] what will be, That which [is] done is what will be done, And [there is] nothing new under the sun."
Maybe not? There's more written also.
Such as: [Psalm 90:4 NKJV] 4 "For a thousand years in Your sight [Are] like yesterday when it is past, And [like] a watch in the night."

[2Peter 3:8 NKJV] 8 "But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day [is] as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Feb 22

@kingdavid403 said
[Ecclesiastes1:9 NKJV] 9 "That which has been [is] what will be, That which [is] done is what will be done, And [there is] nothing new under the sun."
Maybe not? There's more written also.
Such as: [Psalm 90:4 NKJV] 4 "For a thousand years in Your sight [Are] like yesterday when i ...[text shortened]... is one thing, that with the Lord one day [is] as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."
Nice post, but what's your point?

Are you trying to say time is an illusion or not? If so, how do the scripture references prove that?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
22 Feb 22
5 edits

@josephw said
Nice post, but what's your point?

Are you trying to say time is an illusion or not? If so, how do the scripture references prove that?
Clearly time, according to scriptures, time is somewhat of an illusion.
I do not think man had such a thing as "time" before our fall. I and Einstein may be wrong; only God knows. The few scriptures I posted seem to point in that direction. Of course in our present lives on this earth, time is a reality for the current dimension that we currently live in; which is the fleshly physical realm and not the Spiritual. At least that is the way it appears to us, at this "time." 🙂

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
22 Feb 22

@fmf said

IMHO - The jury is still out on that one.