1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 May '08 00:31
    Originally posted by josephw
    I resently saw a TV program on evolution that featured some skeletal remains of a cross between a more modern ancestor and the last of a more primative ancestor. So they said.
    I was amazed at how those scientist told the story of how it all came to be from the find.
    An hour of pure speculation. Oh, it was so scientific. The experiments. The equipment. The ...[text shortened]... re fabrication.

A few old bones and volumes of speculation all couched in scientific jargon.
    A modern ancestor of what? The last of a more primative ancestor of what?? Some details, preferably a link to either a DVD or preferably a youtube video would be great.

Until you provide some details, you don't really have any case whatsoever - you certainly haven't shown anyone why he was wrong.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 May '08 06:36
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    however i said that i am christian not because my morals i get only from the bible but because i believe in Jesus.
    And what does that mean "I believe in Jesus"? You stated that you did not think the Bible was written by God. So what do you believe?

i never dismissed buddhism, islam or any other philosophy as wrong and anti-christian.
    But you should because they most definitely are anti-Christian, and if you are Christian then they are wrong (according to you).

i will read anything you throw at me and i will take what i hold to be valuable from any source, not just christianity. As Nietzsche said:
    "Creators the Creator seeks, not corpses, not herds of believers".

And that too is a belief. You have no logical reason to think it is a valid belief. You simply believe it because it makes you feel warm and fuzzy.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '08 14:55
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And what does that mean "I believe in Jesus"? You stated that you did not think the Bible was written by God. So what do you believe?

[b]i never dismissed buddhism, islam or any other philosophy as wrong and anti-christian.

But you should because they most definitely are anti-Christian, and if you are Christian then they are wrong (according to y ...[text shortened]... think it is a valid belief. You simply believe it because it makes you feel warm and fuzzy.[/b]
    finally we are getting somewhere.

religion is supposed to make me feel warm and fuzzy. and will keep believing it. it is like coffee, but i won't even get heart attacks or blood pressure because of it, only "lift me up"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree