1. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 02:202 edits
    These two very famous people have been mentioned so many times here. It suddenly occurred to me that most of us know quite well of the story about their creation and what they did that made us all end up here, trying to find our way back into paradise? OK, well, I know that story, but that doesn't mean that I believe it.

Anyway, I wonder what happened to them in the end? Was there any mention of this in the bible? Did they both end up in hell when they died? After almost 1,000 years in exile, did the forgiving God forgive them?
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 02:26
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    These two very famous people have been mentioned so many times here. It suddenly occurred to me that most of us know quite well of the story about their creation and what they did that made us all end up here, trying to find our way back into paradise? OK, well, I know that story, but that doesn't mean that I believe it.

Anyway, I wonder what happened t ...[text shortened]... in hell when they died? After almost 1,000 years in exile, did the forgiving God forgive them?
    Come on, the story itself is ludicrous. God is omnipresent and omniscient - he saw the downfall of man coming (indeed, ordained it, being omnipotent and knowing it'd happen) yet did nothing. I mean he could have jumped out from behind that apple tree and b*tch-slapped the devil! But did he? Nope. And why? I'll give you two choices (a) it's a contrived piece of crap (b) God did it out of malice, knowing he'd get the opportunity to sentence Adam and Eve to eternity in hell.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 02:33

Anyway, I wonder what happened t ...[text shortened]... in hell when they died? After almost 1,000 years in exile, did the forgiving God forgive them?
    I highly recommend Mark Twain's Letters from Earth. It's a masterful shredding of many of the biblical stories, including this one.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 04:001 edit

The Bible does not say what their eternal fate was. It only stated that they died physically. I think you will find that even though God may forgive you of a particular sin in no way means that you will not pay for that sin. For example, the story of David and Bathsheeba comes to mind. David commited adultry with her and then killed her husband. Then when he was confronted by one of God's prophets David fell to the ground and repented for his wickedness immediatly. It says that God forgave David, however, there was a price to pay nonetheless. For example, David's sons then turned on him and attempted to take over his throne for themsleves as a judgement against him.
  5. Standard memberMonty348
    Always the Student
    Colorado
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 07:18
    Human nature being what it is, it seems God made a mistake when He told Adam and Eve not to eat the apple.......He should have told them not to eat the snake.
  6. Earth
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 07:35
    Originally posted by Monty348
    Human nature being what it is, it seems God made a mistake when He told Adam and Eve not to eat the apple.......He should have told them not to eat the snake.
    How could God not have thought of that one? That would have taken care of all our problems.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 12:55
    Adam and Eve are still living (comfortably) in the suburbs of Baghdad or Nairobi.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 14:21
    I know that I should'nt have laughed, but that was really funny. I had never heard that one befor.
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 15:42
    Actually, the bible says the tempter was a serpent (not necessarily a snake), and Hebrew legend supports that it was Lilith, Adam's first wife. Lilith is also believed to have been the first vampire.
  10. Earth
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 15:54
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Actually, the bible says the tempter was a serpent (not necessarily a snake), and Hebrew legend supports that it was Lilith, Adam's first wife. Lilith is also believed to have been the first vampire.
    I am so confused now. I thought the serpent was the devil.
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 16:14
    Originally posted by Varqa
    I am so confused now. I thought the serpent was the devil.
    From Adam's point of view, Lilith was a devil. She wanted equality.
  12. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 16:39

They opened the first shop to sell snake-skinned boots.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 23:12
    ...there is a religious book that was not included in the Bible..it is entitiled "The Second Book of Adam and Eve"...and it gives details of the post eden
    experience...
  14. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 00:38
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    ...there is a religious book that was not included in the Bible..it is entitiled "The Second Book of Adam and Eve"...and it gives details of the post eden
    experience...
    There are dozens of religious books excluded from the Hebrew and Christian canons. Religion has always been about power; knowledge is power; therefore, religious leaders have suppressed certain knowledge of the peoples' quest for g-d.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 02:19
    ...that may be so in some circumstances but most unincluded texts are not
    excluded because they contain a secret or heretical truth but mainly because they have been clearly written by someone with a very different slant to the majority of the texts and the inclusion of a highly variant text
    would be inappropriate to a body of work intended to be used as a teaching tool...( and i wrote teaching tool not propaganda tool..i don't believe that
    stalin let the works of oscar wilde be used as textbooks at the moscow institute either )...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree