1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 06:052 edits
    Romans 14:11
    It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'"

Philipians 2: 9 - 11
    Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place, and gave Him the name above all names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord...

Here we have in these well known verses, God himself, through his word, twice prophesying that every tongue will confess him and that every knee will bow to him.

Will those who have not bowed the knee or confessed with their mouth in this life, but upon meeting the Lord bow to him and confess him as Lord, then go to the eternal burning in hell?

They have met God and bowed the knee and they have confessed him as Lord. Is this the point that God switches off the “mercy that endures forever”?

Is there a possibility here that God’s mercy that endures for ever will save these people, or do you still demand your bodies of burning flesh?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 11:40
    Even Satan confesses that Jesus is the Son of God. Simply stating a fact is not going to save anyone. It will just go to show if you were correct during your time here on earth.

Most people will be destroyed in the lake of fire.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 12:491 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'"

[i]Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place, and gave Him the name above all names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and ...[text shortened]... at endures for ever will save these people, or do you still demand your bodies of burning flesh?
    Christians use that Romans passage to show that only Christians will be judged at that time, I think they call it the Bema Seat. If that is true [and I doubt it] then 'every knee' means Christians only

.. for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. (Romans 14:10-12 KJV)

As for the question, every knee bowing does not necessarily mean every heart accepting the rule of Christ, and there will be some hardened souls who will not submit to God. These are the Devil and his angels spoken of in Revelation.

It is a deluded Christian who believes that all nonChristians will be tormented for eternity.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 17:265 edits
    Is there a possibility here that God’s mercy that endures for ever will save these people, or do you still demand your bodies of burning flesh?

After some years here with Divegeester, you tend to go around in circles and arrive at places you've been before. Answering this innuendo-ed question for me will be RE-WORK and repetition.

Before I answer let me first point out that the question is posed with a sneaky attitude embodied in it that believers in God's judgment are EAGER in some sadistic way to get "THEIR WAY."

That's the slimy insinuation of Divegeester as he asks -

" ... do you still demand your bodies of burning flesh? "

He condemns Christ and condemns the followers of Christ who take His word. So be it. A servant is not above his master.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 17:313 edits
    Now to the essence of the question the way I would address it. And this is repetition of things I have written before.

If anyone wants to believe that somehow, someway, in some hitherto unrevealed plan God saves everybody, I do not deny him that hope. If you want to believe that SOMEHOW no one will perish forever, I don't deny anyone that hope.

I see nothing in the Bible demanding that you don't hope God's salvation somehow reaches everyone.

THAT ... doesn't CHANGE what He SAID.

" And if anyone was not found written in the book of life he was cast into the lake of fire." (Rev. 20:15)

So you argue - "But NO ONE will end up suffering that fate."
    I see NOTHING suggesting you should be denied that hope.
    Universalism is a hope not at all easily found in Scripture IMO.

But that desire in itself does not erase what was said by the word of God. And I am not bothered that you dislike that I believe that God said it.

Wanting every being to be saved does not remove from the Bible the passages warning of what happens to those who are not.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 01:43
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Even Satan confesses that Jesus is the Son of God.
    He doesn’t “bow the knee”

It’s interesting how you chose to completely miss that critical piece.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 01:532 edits
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Before I answer let me first point out that the question is posed with a sneaky attitude embodied in it that believers in God's judgment are EAGER in some sadistic way to get "THEIR WAY."
    That's the slimy insinuation of Divegeester as he asks -
    " ... do you still demand your bodies of burning flesh? "
    It not an insinuation, it is an outright statement, although your deceitful and nasty embellishment “sadistic” is just your spite showing again sonship.

I am convinced, as others here have also stated recently, that many eternal suffering Christians need to believe that hell and eternal suffering exist.

You are one of them as your unguarded confession a couple of years back revealed that ~ the knowledge of eternal suffering help you to forgive those who mistreat you ~

A revelation that told me much about you and about a Christian philosophy which underpins the need for hell and eternal suffering. So yes the need for the burning bodies is not a “slimy insinuation” sonship, it is me being direct, unequivocal and truthful.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 01:58
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Now to the essence of the question the way I would address it. And this is repetition of things I have written before.

If anyone wants to believe that somehow, someway, in some hitherto unrevealed plan God saves everybody, I do not deny him that hope. If you want to believe that SOMEHOW no one will perish forever, I don't deny anyone that hope.

I s ...[text shortened]... saved does not remove from the Bible the passages warning of what happens to those who are not.
    Instead of retelling us what you believe and reposting that scripture about what you believe...for the umpteenth time, why don’t you address the scriptures in my OP and tell us what they mean collectively as a dynamic of confession of Jesus Christ and a bowing of the knee to his authority.

Or just dodge the question, repost your favourite scripture, pretend you don’t have time to dodge questions and claim you have addressed my point several pages back.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 22:31

[i]Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place, and gave Him the name above all names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and ...[text shortened]... at endures for ever will save these people, or do you still demand your bodies of burning flesh?
    Luke 20:17,18
    And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
    Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

God's mercy is upon them that bend the knee in this life.

Hebrews 9:20
    And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Odd how a professing Christian should ask questions about things he should know if he's been a Bible believing Christian any length of time.

You obviously have an agenda at variance with the revealed will of God in these matters.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jul '18 05:031 edit
    Instead of retelling us what you believe and reposting that scripture about what you believe...for the umpteenth time, why don’t you address the scriptures in my OP and tell us what they mean collectively as a dynamic of confession of Jesus Christ and a bowing of the knee to his authority.

Or just dodge the question, repost your favourite scripture, ...[text shortened]... you don’t have time to dodge questions and claim you have addressed my point several pages back.
    It may be an annoyance to you but just perhaps there are other posters (new ones) to whom I would like to express my thoughts.

I put up with plenty of repetition from you for that same reason.

The verses speak for themselves.
    And I think, concerning your speculation, I already said in essence " You can hope all things. "

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree