1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 14:36
    no, I'm not talking about me, though I know many of you assumed that from my thread title...sorry to dissapoint.

what do these words mean? not just in context to the judeo-christian-muslim audience, but to the hindu, buddist, athiest, non-theist crowd as well.

a question to get us started: can God create a boulder so large and heavy that not even he can pick it up?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 14:45
    Originally posted by duecer
    no, I'm not talking about me, though I know many of you assumed that from my thread title...sorry to dissapoint.

what do these words mean? not just in context to the judeo-christian-muslim audience, but to the hindu, buddist, athiest, non-theist crowd as well.

a question to get us started: can God create a boulder so large and heavy that not even he can pick it up?
    I thought just that of my father when I was a boy. Can anyone do something, it was my dear daddy. It wasn't anything he couldn't do, it wasn't anything he didn't know.

I remember when my teacher said something, and I said, "No, that's not correct. My dad says that..." and then my teacher would have a difficult time to explain things to me, despite of what my father have said earlier.

Now I'm grown up and know, that although my father knew a lot, could do a lot, he didn't know everything, and he couldn't do everything.
  3. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 14:47
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I thought just that of my father when I was a boy. Can anyone do something, it was my dear daddy. It wasn't anything he couldn't do, it wasn't anything he didn't know.

I remember when my teacher said something, and I said, "No, that's not correct. My dad says that..." and then my teacher would have a difficult time to explain things to me, despite of w ...[text shortened]... knew a lot, could do a lot, he didn't know everything, and he couldn't do everything.
    how did the realization of your fathers fallibility effect you?
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 15:001 edit

Why should God be confined to the world of logic that we live in?
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 15:01
    Originally posted by Melanerpes

Why should God be confined to the world of logic that we live in?
    are you saying he is infinite in power and scope?
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 15:03
    are you saying he is infinite in power and scope?
    think of God as totally transcending the whole concept of infinity
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 15:04
    how did the realization of your fathers fallibility effect you?
    Only if someone says that "I know the Truth, the only Truth, and you should believe me on that!" then I usually distrust him.
  8. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 15:09
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Only if someone says that "I know the Truth, the only Truth, and you should believe me on that!" then I usually distrust him.
    I don't think you are alone in that regard. I think that may be a "universal truth" so to speak
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 15:12
    think of God as totally transcending the whole concept of infinity
    But not above micromanaging and intimidation.
  10. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 16:38
    Originally posted by darvlay
    But not above micromanaging and intimidation.
    what if God is the ultimate micromanager and the ultimate intimidator? -- or whatever it is that lies beyond "ultimate"?
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 16:40

All Knowing = knows all true propositions.

All Powerful = can do anything logically possible.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 20:091 edit
    : can God create a boulder so large and heavy that not even he can pick it up?[/b]
    Yes, assuming, of course, he is stupid. It would be akin to making Larry, Curly, and Mo all powerful.

Yuk, yuk, yuk. Oh, a wise guy, eh? Woo, woo, woo, (smack)

Sorry, got carried away there.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 20:20
    what if God is the ultimate micromanager and the ultimate intimidator? -- or whatever it is that lies beyond "ultimate"?
    It seems to me that man has assumed this role, not our Creator....that is if the servant life of Christ is of any clue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree