usa
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 16:19
    http://www.sumo.tv/watch.php?video=2667063
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 18:251 edit
    Does God relate to humanity via reason? Of course he must on some level, however, where does that leave faith? I always picutured faith as that which bridges the gap between mans finite reasoning ability an infinite God.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 18:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    Does God relate to humanity via reason? Of course he must on some level, however, where does that leave faith? I always picutured faith as that which bridges the gap between mans finite reasoning ability an infinite God.
    Of course there is a place for reason in the knowing of God. But our minds need to be renewed.

The fall of man has rendered everyone of us mental cases. No one here ever mentions the damaged that sin has had on the mind.

The New Testaments speaks about the need for the mind of the believer to be renewed:

" .. do not be fashioned according to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of the mind ..." (Romans 12:2)

The leading part of the soul of man is the mind of man. And the way to be transformed into the image of Christ is through the Holy Spirit renewing the damaged mind.

No one here ever mentions the harm that sin has done to the thinking of man.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 10:50
    Originally posted by jaywill
    No one here ever mentions the damaged that sin has had on the mind.
    Yet it is quite obvious from the number of typos we make 🙂

Interesting how the Christians response to "God can be known through reason" seems to be - but our faith is unreasonable!
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '08 17:317 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yet it is quite obvious from the number of typos we make 🙂

Interesting how the Christians response to "God can be known through reason" seems to be - but our faith is unreasonable!
    It is evident by a lot more than typos we type.

Who gave the response "But our faith is unreasonable?"

Do you mean that you write that and then say it is interesting that it is the Christian's response?

That indicates a certain amount of warped reasoning right there.

I say my faith is reasonable. I just include God in my reasoning process. His Person, His ability, His promises, His reaching out to us, His testimony as seen in Jesus Christ, His trustworthiness, above all His word.

We include the factor of God in our reasoning process. Perhaps you reason without God at every step of your reasoning.

Perhaps you exclude the possibility of God's existence from your steps of reasoning. Starting without God, proceeding without God, and arriving at your conclusion without God you falsly deem as the only valid way of reasoning.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree