1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 23:07
    Crucifixion, he claims, never existed and has visual evidence in a roman museum:

YouTube
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '13 04:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Crucifixion, he claims, never existed and has visual evidence in a roman museum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDbPi_X2yUY
    I can't believe you seriously believe this guy. I know you don't like Christianity, but come on now, I know you can't be that gullible and stupid just because he is speaking against Christianity. It is clear that he is making it up as he goes along. It is too funny to take seriously. 😀
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '13 10:20

you're starting to offer youtubes as evidence too? who does that here, oh yes, dasa and rjhinds.

select company
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '13 11:37
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you're starting to offer youtubes as evidence too? who does that here, oh yes, dasa and rjhinds.

select company
    Sometimes training adds are necessary to instruct the slow in learning. I should know, for I was a Signal Corps Instuctor at my last duty station at Fort Gordon, Georgia. 😏
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '13 22:311 edit
    Interesting possible evidence of miraculous Red Sea crossing in Exodus.

YouTube

( I said possible. No strong opinion here )
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 01:15
    Originally posted by sonship
    Interesting possible evidence of miraculous Red Sea crossing in Exodus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d90NM9tgDQE

( I said possible. No strong opinion here )
    You might be interested in these videos also.

YouTube

YouTube
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 12:37
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I can't believe you seriously believe this guy. I know you don't like Christianity, but come on now, I know you can't be that gullible and stupid just because he is speaking against Christianity. It is clear that he is making it up as he goes along. It is too funny to take seriously. 😀
    Another analysis of crucifixion:

http://www.nairaland.com/14141/real-history-christianity-crucifixion-hoax
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 15:181 edit
    Another analysis of crucifixion:

http://www.nairaland.com/14141/real-history-christianity-crucifixion-hoax
    Mixing truth with lies ia also the way Satan the devil deceives. And this person entirely ignores the part of psychology in his hoax hypothesis. Not very convincing hoax idea to one that is in the know. These are just a collection of old hoax ideas that have already been debunked and answered individually. 😏

P.S. We Christians are stiil waiting for anyone to prove the Shroud of Turin is a hoax.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 18:46
    Mixing truth with lies ia also the way Satan the devil deceives. And this person entirely ignores the part of psychology in his hoax hypothesis. Not very convincing hoax idea to one that is in the know. These are just a collection of old hoax ideas that have already been debunked and answered individually. 😏

P.S. We Christians are stiil waiting for anyone to prove the Shroud of Turin is a hoax.
    We non-religious are waiting for believers to prove it real. One thing for sure. The advent of christianity in ancient Rome was the end of religious tolerance. Then Islam followed with a vengeance as we can see now in places like Mali. Islam=government just like early christianity, where they specialized in torture for disbelieving in that particularly revolting religion. Of course now you would say, we have cleaned up our act. So 1500 years of repression and torture and forced conversions is now erased because you think you are one of the good guys now?

Just how good would you feel christianity would be if states like Kentucky won a majority of christian right wing political power where you would be forced to become christian just like you are pretty much forced to be Mormon in Utah if you want to keep your job.

In other words, just because you think christianity is tamed doesn't mean a hundred years from now, say in response to some kind of catastrophe like an ice age coming on or nuclear war, the same religious repression would be back in spades.
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 20:11
    We non-religious are waiting for believers to prove it real. One thing for sure. The advent of christianity in ancient Rome was the end of religious tolerance. Then Islam followed with a vengeance as we can see now in places like Mali. Islam=government just like early christianity, where they specialized in torture for disbelieving in that particularly revo ...[text shortened]... ike an ice age coming on or nuclear war, the same religious repression would be back in spades.
    Some of us who are “religious” (by which I mean no more than pursuing “spirituality”* within a particular framework—e.g., Jewish nondualism) (a) are not supernaturalists, and (b) do not read our received texts (e.g., torah) literalistically/historistically; nor do we think that such a reading is, or ought to be considered, normative (or that that was ever the intent). This does not mean that we think all such texts are no more than “entertainment” without further significance, in terms of interpreting the “human condition”, in various (sometimes shallow, sometimes profound) literary forms (e.g., myth, poetry, story).

—Objective confirmation of certain historical places/events no more proves the non-mythological (etc.) character of the stories, than does the existence of the city of Boston (and mention of certain real events) show that Robert B. Parker’s detective series is non-fiction.

Nor do we feel the need to do anything but strongly condemn such things as murder/genocide, whether attributable to god or to our ancestors. Nor do we have any need to deny science (either in terms of a methodology or a body of knowledge) in any way.

* With regard to that troublesome word “spirituality”, I recently wrote in another thread—

For me “spirituality” is about, on the one hand, observing (without pre-conception) the reality that is prior to all our conceptions/thoughts/images/words about it recognizing that, since that reality includes us, as we conceptualize, etc., there is an inescapable recursiveness/reflexivity to the whole thing); and, on the other hand, how we live in coherence/harmony with that. [That “how we live” relates to both the aesthetic and the ethical.]

EDIT: I am not a Christian, and I realize that that is primarily where your OP was directed.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 20:34

What a joke
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 20:452 edits

I'm a Christian and I am not waiting for that.
  13. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 21:21
    Originally posted by sonship

I'm a Christian and I am not waiting for that.
    BTW, is your choice of new screen name designed to get us confused between you and sonhouse (providing we don't actually read what either of you writes, of course)? If so, I’m going to see about getting mine changed to “shiphouse”—or something . . . 😉
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 22:54
    Originally posted by vistesd
    BTW, is your choice of new screen name designed to get us confused between you and sonhouse (providing we don't actually read what either of you writes, of course)? If so, I’m going to see about getting mine changed to “shiphouse”—or something . . . 😉
    I noticed. I was trying to ignore it.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 00:401 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd
    BTW, is your choice of new screen name designed to get us confused between you and sonhouse (providing we don't actually read what either of you writes, of course)? If so, I’m going to see about getting mine changed to “shiphouse”—or something . .

Ahhh, According to the rules of the website, as most websites I know, multiple names for deception is not allowed.

I gave readers heads up that I had a new tag.
    And when I do go over to my relative's house and sign on under GSWILL, so as not to sign him off, I give notice that it is me also.

He's an elderly gentleman for whom I try to let the PC experience be simple as possible. Good chess player though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree