1. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 07:291 edit
    Originally posted by mrnorter
    Wouldn't you think at an all knowing, all-powerful, omnipresent God,
    would be beyond our understanding by mere definition considering that none of us claim to even be close to it? (the fact that you asked this question proves that you are not all knowing) ha ha..

Sorry, but this is a queston that you cannot answer with your brain alone, your soul needs ...[text shortened]... imself to you, and I garuantee that He will.

PS. excuse the spelling errors I'm not perfect.
    i make little sense of this post. what premise(s) are you refuting and why?

When someone tells you that a plate on the stove is hot. You believe them (unless you have reason not to).That is belief.

so you believe in God because you don't see good reason not to believe in him? what about invisible magical elves then? would you believe in them too if i told you they exist? and how about those miniature unicorns that live in your nostrils? normally, when you feel like sneezing, it's because their little horns poke and brush against the insides of your nose. if you want any more beliefs, just let me know, and i'll be happy to give them to you.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 07:35
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    i make little sense of this post. what premise(s) are you refuting and why?

[b]When someone tells you that a plate on the stove is hot. You believe them (unless you have reason not to).That is belief.

so you believe in God because you don't see good reason not to believe in him? what about invisible magical elves then? would you believe in t ...[text shortened]... r nose. if you want any more beliefs, just let me know, and i'll be happy to give them to you.[/b]
    Life cannot arise from non-life without intelligent intervention.

If you want to believe that a green unicorn created life, its fine with me. I believe God created life.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 07:57
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Life cannot arise from non-life without intelligent intervention.

If you want to believe that a green unicorn created life, its fine with me. I believe God created life.
    when did you become an expert on abiogenesis?

and if i did hold such a belief in the Green Unicorn Theory (GUT), i don't see how it would be any less valid than your belief. they both seem pretty arbitrary to me.
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 08:03

and if i did hold such a belief in the Green Unicorn Theory (GUT), i don't see how it would be any less valid than your belief. they both seem pretty arbitrary to me.
    The Green Unicorn is prettier.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 08:10
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    The Green Unicorn is prettier.
    touche.
  6. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 08:291 edit
    when did you become an expert on abiogenesis?

[b]If you want to believe that a green unicorn created life, its fine with me. I believe God created life.

and if i did hold such a belief in the Green Unicorn Theory (GUT), i don't see how it would be any less valid than your belief. they both seem pretty arbitrary to me.[/b]
    This is a debatable subject LJ, but did the GUT leave us a book in which its devine will for our lives is expressed? If the Bible is truly the word of God, then it wouldn't be as arbitrary as you think.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 08:58
    Originally posted by Halitose
    This is a debatable subject LJ, but did the GUT leave us a book in which its devine will for our lives is expressed? If the Bible is truly the word of God, then it wouldn't be as arbitrary as you think.
    If the Bible is truly the word of God, then it wouldn't be as arbitrary as you think.

that is a big IF. and that is the whole point.
  8. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 09:071 edit
    [b]If the Bible is truly the word of God, then it wouldn't be as arbitrary as you think.

that is a big IF. and that is the whole point.[/b]
    My point exactly. That is where that perky little word "faith" comes in.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree