1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Jan '13 20:592 edits
    Analogy for 'Trust'

Anyone here ever attend a college football or soccer game? Anyone who has ever watch the male and female cheerleaders in action? Anyone ever enjoy the symmetrical physicality of their routines? Finale often involves two guys interlocking both hands to toss one of the female cheerleaders high in the air? At the pinnacle of her ascent, she's fully cognizant of her body's imminent fall. Two or more strong men are in place to safety net that fall. She places her hope, confidence, faith and trust in mere people to spare her head and back and torso and legs severe (if not debilitating) injury, paralysis or even a horrific death on the field of play. You and I will one day have need of someone to catch us. Who?
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '13 21:08
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Analogy for 'Trust'

Anyone here ever attend a college football or soccer game? Anyone who has ever watch the male and female cheerleadrs in action? Anyone ever enjoy the symmetrical physicality of their routines? Finale often involves two guys interlocking both hands to toss one of the female cheerleaders high in the air? At the pinnacle of he ...[text shortened]... death on the field of play. You and I will one day have need of someone to catch us. Who?
    .[/b]
    Great question. I was told in a management class to replace the concept of "trust" by "predictability." Trust only to the degree you can predict. Does your question work that way?
  3. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    01 Jan '13 21:30
    Originally posted by JS357
    Great question. I was told in a management class to replace the concept of "trust" by "predictability." Trust only to the degree you can predict. Does your question work that way?
    There is a difference between a practised routine,
    and a leap of faith.

They train and work out their routines to perfection.

But I know what you are getting at.

You think that your god will catch you when you leap into the unknown.

Big Mistake my friend.

Better have a look at the drop on the other side.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Jan '13 21:59

Prediction by qualitative or quantitative means?
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '13 22:49
    Prediction by qualitative or quantitative means?
    Yes.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 01:17

Yes.
    ... and which of the two plays the greater role in 'prediction'?
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 19:00
    ... and which of the two plays the greater role in 'prediction'?
    It depends on the situation but I suppose it is mainly about qualities at the bottom of things -- the reliability of our own predictions of what a person will do -- which may depend on some quantitative elements or may not.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 19:41

It depends on the situation but I suppose it is mainly about qualities at the bottom of things -- the reliability of our own predictions of what a person will do -- which may depend on some quantitative elements or may not.
    "You and I will one day have need of someone to catch us. Who?"

Right on, JS. Qualitative dimensions of a person are key in any decision
    regarding trust... horizontal and vertical.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree