1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 20:451 edit
    I have asked the mischief makers and bullies who frequent this forum to tell me what makes a religion true and what makes a religion false and I have had zero sincere responses.

What responses I did receive were childish and sarcastic.(this is typical from bullies and ignoramuses)

So one more time people, because this is absolutely and without doubt the most important question you shall ever be asked in your entire life.

What are the things that make a religion true or a religion false.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 21:00
    Originally posted by Dasa
    I have asked the mischief makers and bullies who frequent this forum to tell me what makes a religion true and what makes a religion false and I have had zero sincere responses.

What responses I did receive were childish and sarcastic.(this is typical from bullies and ignoramuses)

So one more time people, because this is absolutely and without doubt the m ...[text shortened]... asked in your entire life.

Starting a new thread only draws attention to the fact that you are not engaging anyone who responds to your topic which only serves to make you seem insincere and not them. Question 1. What criteria makes up the foundation of true religion? Answer: What the criteria are is up to the person who is claiming their religion is true. Question 2. What criteria makes up the foundation of false religion? Answer: What the criteria are is up to the person who is claiming that a religion is false. Cheering on one's own religion and declaring competing religions "false" is completely subjective after all.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 21:06
    So one more time people...
    Do you promise this is the last time?
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 21:16

So one more time people, because this is absolutely and without doubt the m ...[text shortened]... asked in your entire life.

Maybe you should ask those who aren't mischief makers and bullies.

Delivering on its promises makes a religion true and not delivering on them makes it false. It is reasonable to be skeptical of a religion that has a history of failure to deliver on its important promises and prophesies. It is also reasonable to be skeptical of religions whose promise keeping record is not verifiable during our lifetime but is only verifiable after we die.

Given that a common element of religion concerns surviving our mortal death, is there a religion that does not make such unverifiable promises and prophesies?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree