1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 22:01
    I have been asked why do I start a new thread.........(FMF has his theory) which is incorrect.

Answer: I start a new thread so I don't have to respond to each and every foolish response individually.

Note: I am seriously thinking that nobody in this forum knows what "religion" actually is.

So here we are again and I shall ask again.........

What are the differences that distinguish true religion from false religion.

If you don't know the answer then you cannot participate in this forum productively because you are like the motor mechanic who does not know what a combustion engine is.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 22:14
    Originally posted by Dasa
    I have been asked why do I start a new thread.........(FMF has his theory) which is incorrect.

Answer: I start a new thread so I don't have to respond to each and every foolish response individually.

Note: I am seriously thinking that nobody in this forum knows what "religion" actually is.

What ar ...[text shortened]... ductively because you are like the motor mechanic who does not know what a combustion engine is.
    I gather then, that you don't intend to answer my question about the Gita I am reading, you probably read the question, right? If you don't want us to learn about your religion just say so.
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 03:54

What ar ...[text shortened]... ductively because you are like the motor mechanic who does not know what a combustion engine is.
    I think your problem is that there are two major groups here. Christians and atheists. The Christians are going to say that Christianity is the true religion. The atheists all think that all religions are false. I'm an agnostic and the question simply causes cognitive dissonance - first I'd have to have some reason for thinking God does exist and then some kind of reason for thinking that "his" nature was specifically one thing or another. Then I might be able to approach that question. But as things stand you may as well ask me to talk in Sanskrit.

If you tell us some things about what you think the nature of God is then we'll get a discussion and I might be able to ask some relevant questions, but non-believers don't distinguish between religions on the basis of whether they are true or not, we distinguish between them based on whether we think they are likely to cause harm, or if they can be useful as a form of psychotherapy. We don't expect one or another to be true. So you're starting in the wrong place, you need to start with why believe in a God.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 04:01
    What are the differences that distinguish true religion from false religion.
    The answer to this, from religious people, will depend on the religion of the person answering your question. Someone who shared the same religion as you, for example, would believe that your religion is "true" and that other religions are "false". So whatever differences there are that they happen to think distinguish their religion from others, this would be the answer to your question. Christians, for example, would contend that the only way to gain salvation and eternal life is through Jesus Christ, and that anything that differs from this distinguishes their religion from "false" religions.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 05:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    The answer to this, from religious people, will depend on the religion of the person answering your question. Someone who shared the same religion as you, for example, would believe that your religion is "true" and that other religions are "false". So whatever differences there are that they happen to think distinguish their religion from others, this would be t ...[text shortened]... t, and that anything that differs from this distinguishes their religion from "false" religions.
    See my new thread titled [I shall explain.]
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 05:07
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I think your problem is that there are two major groups here. Christians and atheists. The Christians are going to say that Christianity is the true religion. The atheists all think that all religions are false. I'm an agnostic and the question simply causes cognitive dissonance - first I'd have to have some reason for thinking God does exist and the ...[text shortened]... to be true. So you're starting in the wrong place, you need to start with why believe in a God.
    See my new thread titled........ [i shall explain]
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 05:08
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I gather then, that you don't intend to answer my question about the Gita I am reading, you probably read the question, right? If you don't want us to learn about your religion just say so.
    What is the question please........

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree