1. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 23:07
    Have you ever told a white lie? You are going to love this, especially all of the women who bake for church events.

Alice Grayson was to bake a cake for the Baptist Church ladies' group bake sale in Tuscaloosa, but she forgot to do it until the last minute. She remembered it the morning of the bake sale and after rummaging through cabinets she found an angel food cake mix and quickly made it while drying her hair, dressing
    and helping her son Bryan pack up for Scout camp. However, when Alice took the cake from the oven, the center had dropped flat and the cake was horribly disfigured. She said, "Oh dear, there's no time to bake another cake." This cake was so important to Alice because she did so want to fit in at her new church, and in her new community of new friends.

So being inventive, she looked around the house for something to build up the center of the cake. Alice found it in the bathroom -- a roll of toilet paper. She plunked it in and then covered it with icing.

Not only did the finished product look beautiful, it looked perfect!

Before she left the house to drop the cake by the church and head for work, Alice woke her daughter Amanda and gave her some money and specific instructions to be at the bake sale the minute it opened at 9:30, and to buy that cake and bring it home.

When the daughter arrived at the sale, she found that the attractive perfect cake had already been sold. Amanda grabbed her cell phone and called her Mom.

Alice was horrified She was beside herself. Everyone would know; what would they think? Oh, my she wailed! She would be ostracized, talked about, ridiculed.

All night Alice lay awake in bed thinking about people pointing their fingers at her and talking about her behind her back.

The next day, Alice promised herself that she would try not to think about the cake and she would attend the fancy luncheon/bridal shower at the home of a friend of a friend and try to have a good time.

Alice did not really want to attend because the hostess was a snob who more than once had looked down her nose at the fact that Alice was a single parent and not from the founding families of Tuscaloosa, but having already RSVP'd she could not think of a believable excuse to stay home.

The meal was elegant, the company was definitely upper crust old South and to Alice's horror, the CAKE in question was presented for dessert.

Alice felt the blood drain from her body when she saw the cake, she started, out of her chair to rush to tell her hostess all about it, but before she could get to her feet, the Mayor's wife said, "What a beautiful cake!" Alice, who was still stunned, sat back in her chair when she heard the hostess , who was a prominent church member, say-------

"Thank you, I baked it myself."

Alice smiled and thought,

"GOD IS GOOD"
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 00:13
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    Have you ever told a white lie? You are going to love this, especially all of the women who bake for church events.

Alice Grayson was to bake a cake for the Baptist Church ladies' group bake sale in Tuscaloosa, but she forgot to do it until the last minute. She remembered it the morning of the bake sale and after rummaging through cabinets she found an ...[text shortened]...

"GOD IS GOOD"
    The christians don't come across very well in this story. They don't seem like very nice people at all. I wonder if this is representative of christians everywhere.
  3. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 00:21
    Originally posted by rwingett
    The christians don't come across very well in this story. They don't seem like very nice people at all. I wonder if this is representative of christians everywhere.
    Christians are just normal people who isnt perfect. It would be hypocritical to only post stories about Christians who are perfect. This is just an example to help people not tell the "white lie"
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 00:46
    Christians are just normal people who isnt perfect. It would be hypocritical to only post stories about Christians who are perfect. This is just an example to help people not tell the "white lie"
    Your story actually says that if you tell a white lie and someone else does as well everything will turn out fine for you. Not quite the moral you intended.
  5. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 00:50
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Your story actually says that if you tell a white lie and someone else does as well everything will turn out fine for you. Not quite the moral you intended.
    For crying out loud, isn't it possible to have a laugh without getting into the he said she siad crap that fills this forum?
    The world is full of people.
    Sometimes people are idiots.
    Sometimes they aren't.
    Sometimes people do funny things.
    Sometimes they hurt others.
    Sometimes they help others.
    And so on it goes ....
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 00:52
    Originally posted by amannion
    For crying out loud, isn't it possible to have a laugh without getting into the he said she siad crap that fills this forum?
    The world is full of people.
    Sometimes people are idiots.
    Sometimes they aren't.
    Sometimes people do funny things.
    Sometimes they hurt others.
    Sometimes they help others.
    And so on it goes ....
    You just hurt my feelings.
  7. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 01:00
    You just hurt my feelings.
    Oh well, stuff happens.
    You'll get over it.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 01:04
    Wonder no more. You see, as you surmised, only atheists are able to live lives of integrity--- unshackled by the treachery of religiosity, atheists are truly free to live the life of freedom.

This dispicable woman, this "Alice," is a picture of the problem of Christianity. Humorless, living in the sin of divorce, highly subjective and self-absorbed, she is indicative of why all Christians should be removed from the face of the earth.

An atheist would have forsaken all protocol to renounce the hostess' false charge (intending to ultimately save the poor woman's needless public ridicule), stood up and loudly proclaimed:

"For the love of no-God, woman: that toilet roll cake is mine!"
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 04:21

Alice Grayson was to bake a cake for the Baptist Church ladies' group bake sale in Tuscaloosa, but she forgot to do it until the last minute. She remembered it the morning of the bake sale and after rummaging through cabinets she found an ...[text shortened]...

"GOD IS GOOD"
    you the devil and the devil is bad. 😏BAD😏BAD😏BAD

lol.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree