1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 21:55
    Another reason for the death of the Son of God was to TERMINATE the old man.

This thread will speak of the other than the "blood of redemption" aspect of Christ's death which is absolutely critical to full salvation.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 21:58
    Someone is suppose to ask - "What do you mean by that?"

We all know that Jesus died as the Passover Lamb shedding His blood for eternal redemption. Is there another aspect of His death which we have neglected ?

Hint: the answer begins with a Y.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 22:093 edits
    Oh come on people. Has somebody got you too scared to talk to the guy who writes about "partakers of the divine nature?"

Jesus spoke of Himself dying also as the bronze serpent Moses lifted up on a pole, which when gazed upon the sight would heal all those who had been bitten by poisoness serpents in the wilderness.

"And as Moses lifted up thre serpent in the wildernes, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that everyone who believes into Him may have eternal life." (John 3:14,15)

Here it is not a slain lamb of God. Here it is a judged POISONESS SNAKE, a serpent of brass lifted up on a pole. This is a symbol of THE serpent. This is symbol of God judging (brass) Satan the old serpent, the Devil who poisoned the whole of the human race.

Jesus Christ died a terminating death to put to death the work of Satan.
    There is the redemptive side of His shedding His blood.
    And there is the terminating side of Him nailing to the cross the serpent Satan nullifying His "poison" in man.

Refer to Numbers 21:4-9 for some background of the typology.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 22:20
    @sonship said

This thread will speak of the other than the "blood of redemption" aspect of Christ's death which is absolutely critical to full salvation.
    Another error thread, and about something so basic, so fundamental.

- Redemption is about Christ’s death, his blood and atonement
    - Doing away with the “old man” is about the resurrection and its victory
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 22:21
    Now let me give some credit to the Recovery Version of the Bible and Brother Witness Lee's footnote. This in no way means no one else in all church history ever noticed this and taught about it. Sorry that extrapolation is not available to the critic of Witness Lee. [my spacing]

"This chapter deals with regeneration. Regeneration, on one hand, brings the divine life with the divine nature into us. On the other hand, regeneration terminates the evil nature of Satan in our flesh."

Take a breath.
    Cont.

Footnote 14(1) of the RcV for John 3:14

"In Gen. 3 Satan, the serpent, injected his nature into man's flesh. When the children of Israel sinned against God, they were bitten by serpents (Num. 21:4-9). God told Moses to lift up a bronze serpent on their behalf for God's judgment, that by looking upon the bronze serpent all might live."

I stop here for this entry.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 22:22
    Stand by for a cascade of prepared copy pastes…
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 22:23
    @sonship said
    Someone is suppose to ask - "What do you mean by that?"
    In the 3 minutes you left between posts?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 22:30
    @divegeester

I would not say that is wrong. But I would say with the New Testament "our old man has been crucified with Him" (Rom. 6:6)

Of course this killing power is available to man in the Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit comes to us bringing Christ and His work into our being to apply, utilize, and enjoy His work.

And the Spirit comes because of Christ's resurrection. "The last Adam became life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

Since in resurrection Christ is available to believers in the Spirit it is "by the Spirit [we] put to death the practices of the body." (Rom. 8:13)
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 22:393 edits
    @divegeester
    I copied that by hand. Sometime you may notice that when I do that I have to go back and correct typos.

But your way too eager to validate your accusations to do that.

Now IF you don't mind . . . .

"God told Moses to lift up a bronze serpent on their behalf for God's judgment, that by looking upon that bronze serpent all might live. That was a type. Here, in this verse, the Lord Jesus applied that type to Himself, indicating that when He was in the flesh, He was in "the likeness of the flesh of sin" (Rom. 8:3), which likeness is equal to the form of a bronze serpent.

The bronze had erpenty had the form of the serpent but was without the serpent's poison. Christ was made "in the likeness of the flesh of sin," but He did not participate in any way in the sin of the flesh (2 Cor. 5:21; Heb. 4:15) "
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 22:483 edits
    The "killing power" of Christ's death is in the Spirit. We can utilze the tremendous killing power - the terminating power of His death to nullify the practices of the body and the troublesome old man.

Paul did not want the Roman Christians to be ignorant of this at ALL.

"Or are you ignorant that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? We have been buried therefore with Him through baptism into His death, in order that just as Christ was raiesd from the dead through the glory of the Father so also we might walk in newness of life." (Rom. 6:3,4)

Praise the Lord He shed His blood for our redemption.
    And praise the Lord that He terminated the old man that we may utilize His death
    to kill off so many things of the old fallen Adamic man that plague us.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 23:43

Removed by poster

12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 23:45
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

I would not say that is wrong. But I would say with the New Testament "our old man has been crucified with Him" (Rom. 6:6)
    I would say that you are wrong. The resurrection life is, doctrinally speaking, how we do away with the old self.

Paul writes almost endlessly about it.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 23:46
    @sonship said
    The "killing power" of Christ's death is in the Spirit.
    Why have you put “killing power” in quotation marks when it not in the bible and you have just made it up?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 23:47
    @sonship said
    “terminate” is not a biblical term, why are you using it?

Why have you put it in block capitals?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 23:49
    @sonship said
    And praise the Lord that He terminated the old man
    “Terminated” is not a biblical term.

It is out of the movies.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree