1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 05:053 edits
    Originally posted by buckky
    is there anything new out there that might actually make sense ?
    Regularly.

http://www.sciencemag.org/current.dtl

http://www.nature.com/nature/index.html

http://journals.aip.org/
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 05:111 edit
  3. Earth
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 05:11
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    The same essential claim and teaching was also espoused by a man called, Meher Baba, in India. Have you ever heard of him?
    I had never heard of Meher Baba. Thank you for bringing it up. I have done some preliminary research about him. Some of his ideas are similar to that of Baha'u'llah, but Meher Baba declared these ideas over 80 years after Baha'u'llah.

I will do some more research, but from what I have read so far the writings are of no comparison to the Baha'i writings. Baha'u'llah has written much much more than prayers. He has written prayers and letters to the kings and leaders. More importantly, he has given the blueprints to propel mankind out of its adolescence and bring about the new race of men who are to inhabit this planet and beyond. Baha’u’llah was banished from place to place, and spent most of his life in prison and in chains.

I am of course biased. It would be nice if someone else were to read about the life of Baha'u'llah and his writings and compare them to Meher Baba. I would love to hear what you think.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 05:13
    Originally posted by vistesd
    If thoughts arise, let them touch you, let them go. Allow your focus to become open again.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 05:171 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Just out of curiosity, what is your beef with Christianity? When I ask this I am asking specifically what is your beef with the teachings of Christ? I mean, I know of no one who can find a bad word to say about him.
    "Now here is a curious thing. It is believed by everybody that while he was in heaven he was stern, hard, resentful, jealous, and cruel; but that when he came down to earth and assumed the name Jesus Christ, he became the opposite of what he was before: that is to say, he became sweet, and gentle, merciful, forgiving, and all harshness disappeared from his nature and a deep and yearning love for his poor human children took its place. Whereas it was as Jesus Christ that he devised hell and proclaimed it!

Which is to say, that as the meek and gentle Savior he was a thousand billion times crueler than ever he was in the Old Testament--oh, incomparably more atrocious than ever he was when he was at his very worst in those old days!"
    -Mark Twain, Letters from the Earth
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 05:256 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    "Now here is a curious thing. It is believed by everybody that while he was in heaven he was stern, hard, resentful, jealous, and cruel; but that when he came down to earth and assumed the name Jesus Christ, he became the opposite of what he was before: that is to say, he became sweet, and gentle, merciful, forgiving, and all harshness disappeared from h ...[text shortened]... when he was at his very worst in those old days!"
    -Mark Twain, Letters from the Earth
    Christ said that he came to fulfill the law which is the perfect law of love. The law up until the time of Christ was given in a spirit of love. For example, do not steal, do not kill, etc, etc. was all given so that we would walk in love with one another.

"For though we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face now I know in part; but then will I know even as also I am known. And now abides faith, hope, love, these three, but the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:12-13.

In other words, the closer we see who God is via the reflection of his Son coming to earth and beholding him face to face, the better we understand what God was and is really all about.
  7. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 12:39
    Originally posted by buckky
    All this shouting pro and con towards Christianity is making me think is there anything new out there that might actually make sense ? Forget Christianity for a moment and look around
    the world you live and see if anything new has arrived. I look all the time, and only find one scam after the other, but I don't give up hope. Christianity has repelled me w ...[text shortened]... ould make it. I like the Buddhest but even they seem to be off base in some areas. Who Knows ?
    Try Taoism.

I recommend "The Tao is silent" by Raymond Smullyan as a primer.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 14:42
    The Wealth of publications published by Living Stream Ministry

http://www.ministrybooks.org/alphabetical.cfm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree