1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 16:19
    3 Million years of human history this evening on the History Channel. Check your local listings....

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=74119

APE TO MAN examines the major discoveries that have led us to the understanding we have today, including theories that never gained full acceptance in their time, an elaborate hoax that confused the scientific community for years, and the ultimate understanding of the key elements that separate man from apes.

It has long been considered the most compelling question in our history: Where do human beings come from? Although life has existed for millions of years, only in the past century-and-a-half have we begun to use science to explore the ancestral roots of our own species. The search for the ultimate answer has taken a number of twists and turns, with careers made and broken along the way. APE TO MAN is the story of the quest to find the origins of the human race - a quest that spanned more than 150 years of obsessive searching.

(More at link provided)
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 23:09
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    3 Million years of human history this evening on the History Channel. Check your local listings....

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=74119

APE TO MAN examines the major discoveries that have led us to the understanding we have today, including theories that never gained full acceptance in their time, an elaborate hoax that confused ...[text shortened]... ce - a quest that spanned more than 150 years of obsessive searching.

(More at link provided)
    The last word on this will not be said until DoctorScribbles returns from the Galopogos Islands with his assessment of his findings.
  3. Joined
    04 Nov '03
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 23:41
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    The last word on this will not be said until DoctorScribbles returns from the Galopogos Islands with his assessment of his findings.
    I fear that the good Doctor's findings will at best note various types of finches, rather than how the whale, the tiger and the finch have common ancestry.
  4. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 23:431 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I shall now make a prediction about the good doctor's findings. Upon his return he will shock the world by announcing that evolution is a farce. Furthermore, evidence found on the Galopogos Islands has refuted all scientific evidence that formerly supported evolution.

Suprisingly, he will find a mountain of evidence to support devolution. This will show that man was once a far superior version of himself compared to what we are now, and that within the next 1,000 years, barring a change in our political and financial climates, we shall eventually devolve into 6 billion individual piles of goo.

With nukes.

5. Joined
    04 Nov '03
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 23:43
    ... and then again, maybe we'll hear tales of finches with tiger stripes and blow-holes. We can only hope.
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 00:07
    Regardless of my findings, I will capture my observations with an intelligently designed camera.
  7. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 00:13
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Regardless of my findings, I will capture my observations with an intelligently designed camera.
    Then stay away from anything made by Sony.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 00:16
    This show will air East coast in about 45 minutes at 9pm... Hope you can catch it.

P-
  9. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 00:17
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    This show will air East coast in about 45 minutes at 9pm... Hope you can catch it.
    There's no T.V. down here in this coal mine. 🙁
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Aug '05 04:10
    One interesting point about Darwin was he left it to speculation the whole thing of Ape to Man. He just threw out some of the birds and animals, and let people think up the rest for themselves.

Another interesting point was how the English and Germans were racing to find the link, and the English faked one. Next, some poor Australian finds some real clues and no one listens for decades. No one realizes the English's bones were faked since they never bothered to really look into it. Just took it on word. That threw a wrench in the whole thing for sure.

Anyone else get to see it?

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree