1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '06 05:021 edit
    "According to media reports coming out of Latin America, President Chavez is considering a proposal that would establish him as the high priest of his own form of evangelical Christianity, convert his cabinet members into bishops of a lower rank, and submit church activities to the civil and military power of his government.

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,238015,00.html
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    24 Dec '06 22:481 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    "According to media reports coming out of Latin America, President Chavez is considering a proposal that would establish him as the high priest of his own form of evangelical Christianity, convert his cabinet members into bishops of a lower rank, and submit church activities to the civil and military power of his government.

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,238015,00.html
    You know, I'm not sure that is much different than what we have going on with some elements of Christianity in this country (US). Anybody can start their own church, denomination, or TV ministry. You don't need to be accountable to anybody. You don't need to have an education or training. You can engage in the most outlandish behavior and there are really no consequences or oversight.

In the Flannery O'Conner novel "Wise Blood" the main character is just fed up with his experiences of religion so he says he will start "The Church of Jesus Christ without the blood of Jesus Christ."
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '06 04:22
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    You know, I'm not sure that is much different than what we have going on with some elements of Christianity in this country (US). Anybody can start their own church, denomination, or TV ministry. You don't need to be accountable to anybody. You don't need to have an education or training. You can engage in the most outlandish behavior and there are rea ...[text shortened]... so he says he will start "The Church of Jesus Christ without the blood of Jesus Christ."
    I think the difference here is that a theocracy is potentially being created. People are free to do as they please until Big Brother steps in and begins telling us how to behave. Therefore, if Big Brother says that religion X is not suitable they will then be forced to conform or pay the consequences. If I am not mistaken, if Chavez is successful it will be the only theocracy in the world today in the world of Christiandom. Conversely, Islam seems to be mandating theocracies in large part. Even though I am a person of faith, theocracies scare me and with just cause as we look at the sins of Christian theocracies past and the sins of Islamic theocracies present. For example, would you want to live in Iran?
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Dec '06 04:49
    i love god
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '06 04:49
    Originally posted by tigersnail
    i love god
    Good for you!!!!!!!!
  6. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Dec '06 04:50
    and the easter bunny...and oh yeah most importantly the bringer of gifts for me.santa claws

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree