1. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 09:42
    England's senior christian cleric says creationism and ID shouldn't be taught in schools:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/religion/Story/0,,1735730,00.html
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Mar '06 21:35
    Originally posted by Redmike
    England's senior christian cleric says creationism and ID shouldn't be taught in schools:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/religion/Story/0,,1735730,00.html
    I can live with that interpretation. Or if it HAS to be taught in biology,
    then the teacher goes, there is this alternate theory called creationism which suggests the world was created in 7 days about 6000 years ago.
    Any questions? No, OK, now lets get on with the REAL world.
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    23 Mar '06 00:221 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I can live with that interpretation. Or if it HAS to be taught in biology,
    then the teacher goes, there is this alternate theory called creationism which suggests the world was created in 7 days about 6000 years ago.
    Any questions? No, OK, now lets get on with the REAL world.
    I would NEVER accept creationism being taught in a science classroom. In a religion classroom, fine, but not in a science class. And it's not a theory, cos there is no scientific evidence for it, nor is it testable.

Must say, though, I do like Rowan Williams, he's always struck me as a good man. Very sensible. I hope he gets to make all the modernising changes to the church that he wishes.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Mar '06 19:45
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    I would NEVER accept creationism being taught in a science classroom. In a religion classroom, fine, but not in a science class. And it's not a theory, cos there is no scientific evidence for it, nor is it testable.

Must say, though, I do like Rowan Williams, he's always struck me as a good man. Very sensible. I hope he gets to make all the modernising changes to the church that he wishes.
    Hopefully that won't happen. I was just showing how a teacher coud deal with it. like in about 5 minutes, end of study, then the rest of the time on real science.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    23 Mar '06 19:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Hopefully that won't happen. I was just showing how a teacher coud deal with it. like in about 5 minutes, end of study, then the rest of the time on real science.
    Heaven knows school children can do with a good laugh.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree