archetypal symbols

archetypal symbols

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I

Moves
01 Dec 06

The symbol of uroboros is an ancient and fascinating one. this symbol depicts a serpent eating its own tail and has many different meanings to many different people. it was widely used in alchemy and in the context of alchemy it represented the circulatory process of the opus but more importantly it represented the integration and assimilation of one's opposite, namely the shadow. Psychologically, the integration and assimilation of one's own shadow was of primary importance within the process of what Jung called Individuation- the step by step development of the self from an unconscious state to a concious one.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
01 Dec 06

Originally posted by IronFistedBishop
The symbol of uroboros is an ancient and fascinating one. this symbol depicts a serpent eating its own tail and has many different meanings to many different people. it was widely used in alchemy and in the context of alchemy it represented the circulatory process of the opus but more importantly it represented the integration and assimilation of on ...[text shortened]... duation- the step by step development of the self from an unconscious state to a concious one.
Another Sumerian symbol.

g

Moves
01 Dec 06

The All

gil

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
02 Dec 06

Yin-Yang symbol. You all know what it means.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
02 Dec 06

Originally posted by frogstomp
Another Sumerian symbol.
I thought it was Norse.

I

Moves
02 Dec 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I thought it was Norse.
It was apparently around in ancient Ejypt circa 1600 b.c.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
06 Dec 06

Coke is it.