1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '16 09:27
    Originally posted by roigam
    Not if they are honest and look at the truth.
    Hopefully they will see how Satan has laced their religion with false teachings.
    Yes, yes, of course, and isn't this pretty much what all believe-in-Satan-religionists are going to say ~ in response to what I said to you ~ about their own religions?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '16 09:42
    I would say for sure you have never studied what the JW s teach.
    So many on this forum are willing to criticize what they do not know.
    Are you afraid to study and find out you are wrong?.
    Sorry, this nonsense doesn't cut any mustard on a forum like this unless you are assuming we all have amnesia.

There have been a couple of vocal JWs active here for years and between them they may have posted 10,000 or 15,000, or 20,000 or more times on this Spirituality Forum, very often about the JW organizarion and its beliefs, very often on threads devoted specifically to JW-related topics, very often in which they posted (copy-pasted) material from jw.org or from your organization's publications.

And we've seen what they have said, we have read about what they believe, we have listened to how they explain it, we have seen how they behave, we have seen their JW-Christian beliefs in action ~ especially how they process disagreement and scrutiny.

And we have read thousands and thousands and thousands of posts in which they had free rein to explain what they believed and why they believe it (not to mention the effects it has had on their intellectual processes, their interpersonal skills and their treatment of other posters).

So you can't roll up here after all this has been going on and claim that people don't know what JWs teach. . Not to put too fine a point on it, it makes you look silly. There may have been literally tens of thousands of posts here explaining what JWs teach in the last few years.

You can't just ignore this and deflect from questions and observations that you find inconvenient by declaring that people are "criticizing something that they do not know". It's just plain silly ~ and comes across as being kind of affectedly and self-servingly oblivious.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jan '16 22:09
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Elasmotherium ("Thin Plate Beast"😉, also known as giant rhinoceros, is an extinct
    genus of giant rhinoceros endemic to Eurasia during the Late Pliocene through the
    Pleistocene, documented from 2.6 Ma to as late as 50,000 years ago, possibly later,
    in the Late Pleistocene, an approximate span of slightly less than 2.6 million years

How does that f ...[text shortened]... ith your 6,000 year old universe?????????????????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elasmotherium
    The estimates of 50,000 years amd millions of years are exaggerations of time. It simply means a long time ago that nobody knows exactly, so they make an exaggerated guess. 😏
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    22 Jan '16 03:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes i have studied what the Jehovah's Witnesses teach and have even went to their Kingdom Hall. I do admit they teach a lot of truth, but mixed with error. 😏
    Thank you for your honesty!
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    22 Jan '16 04:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    Sorry, this nonsense doesn't cut any mustard on a forum like this unless you are assuming we all have amnesia.

There have been a couple of vocal JWs active here for years and between them they may have posted 10,000 or 15,000, or 20,000 or more times on this Spirituality Forum, very often about the JW organizarion and its beliefs, very often on threads devo ...[text shortened]... 's just plain silly ~ and comes across as being kind of affectedly and self-servingly oblivious.
    If you say so it must be right.
    btw What individuals post may not reflect accurately what the Witnesses teach now providing you really understood what they said then.
    The Organization continues to progress.
    (Proverbs 4:18) But the path of the righteous is like the bright morning light That grows brighter and brighter until full daylight.
    We continue to learn as do all people.
    We hope you will continue to learn also and not the hard way.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '16 05:06
    If you say so it must be right.
    Pouting like this doesn't make the content of the post I addressed to you go away. You have simply dodged information that is obviously inconvenient to you.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '16 05:08
    Originally quoted by roigam
    But the path of the righteous is like the bright morning light That grows brighter and brighter until full daylight.
    Would you say that this quote accurately describes what this forum's two long standing JW residents have brought to the discourses here that they have been involved in?
  8. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    24 Jan '16 00:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Indian Rhinoceros may not seem as enchanting as a unicorn, but they do have a single, centered facial horn. The scientific name for the Indian Rhinoceros is Rhinoceros Unicornis, which means nose-horn one-horn. Additionally, rhinos are related to horses (they both have an odd number of hooves, so they belong to the order perisodactyla.)

The Elasmother ...[text shortened]... ts un-tamable nature. The American Standard Version translates this term "wild ox" in each case.
    So if that is true, how many readers of the KJV do you think know it?
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    24 Jan '16 00:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    Would you say that this quote accurately describes what this forum's two long standing JW residents have brought to the discourses here that they have been involved in?
    I couldn't say for sure as I'm relatively new.
    I do believe they have been trying to bring truth to several discussions I've seen.
  10. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    05 Feb '16 05:39
    I don't want to offend anyone but it seems that some are not interested in learning any more about the Bible.
    I personally am very engrossed in the Bible truth.
    (John 17:3) This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
    and I love to share what truth I learn.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Feb '16 12:582 edits
    I don't want to offend anyone but it seems that some are not interested in learning any more about the Bible.
    (John 17:3) This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
    Let me help you rephrase that so that it sounds more correct:
    - some are not interested in learning any more about the bible from YOU.
    - you are engrossed in the Bible truth as interpreted by the Watchtower Organisation.
    - you love to share the doctrine of the Jehovah Witnesses, not Bible truth.

You are not offending anyone. Your opinions and doctrine are more amusing than offensive.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 09:26
    Not if they are honest and look at the truth.
    Hopefully they will see how Satan has laced their religion with false teachings.
    You seem to take the power of satan quite seriously. How do you feel about your religious colleague repeatedly calling me, a Christian, a "son of satan"?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 09:281 edit
    Is there anything you have learned from being engrossed in the Bible which differs from what the Jehovah's Witness Watchtower leadership tells you the Bible teaches. Anything at all?
  14. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 19:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Is there anything you have learned from being engrossed in the Bible which differs from what the Jehovah's Witness Watchtower leadership tells you the Bible teaches. Anything at all?
    I have not found anything at all that JW s teach that is not in the Bible, have you?
    Please be specific.

Having been associated with a few "Christian" churches, I know they teach error and are not willing to change when shown they are not correct.
    For example:
    (Ecclesiastes 9:5) For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all,
    (Genesis 3:19) In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.”
    It is clear from the Bible that we do not die and go to heaven.
    We return to the dust that we were made from.
    The false teaching that we live on after death goes back to Nimrod and Babylon.
    It is a pagan teaching.
    It is true that we live on in God's memory and He can and will recreate individuals back to Earth in the resurrection but this is not what "Christian" churches teach.
    They have somehow corrupted that teaching.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 19:563 edits
    I have not found anything at all that JW s teach that is not in the Bible...
    Nice try; that's not what I asked is it.

What I asked was, have you found anything in the Bible that differs from JW teachIng? Anything?

And yes I find lots that is in the Bible that JWs and even more that e JWs teach that is not in the Bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree