1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 10:13
    @divegeester said

Your post here waffling on about how I’m limited by not realising that the lake of fire could be any form of geological phenomena God chooses, is firstly a moot point as I don’t believe it even exists, and secondly hilarious as it reads like an excerpt from the movie Life of Brain.
    “It’s not meant to be taken literally...I’m sure he is referring to all manufacturerers of human incineration devices”

YouTube
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 10:15
    @sonship said
    I think there will be a lake of fire and brimstone. However the way of prophecy is often what God told us + some.

So the beginning only may be to be burned up in such a lake of fire ... and some.

In other words , probably just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak, is a lava lake. It be foolish to think God cannot add another dimension to that physical feature to esse ...[text shortened]... nt.

In this it is better to be as children in our understanding and not over wise in ourselves.
    Do you have any evidence that this "geological feature" ~ called a "lava lake" which will open up "from the bowels of the earth" ~ actually exists?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 10:19
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    I have not on this Forum gone over an exhaustive study of any Bible book including Revelation
    Small mercies I suppose.

Nevertheless, you are the person professing these horrible erroneous beliefs, the onus is on you to demonstrate how the scriptures you take from Revelation are literal and not metaphorical like some of the others.

KellyJay spectacularly fails at this also, to the point where he will not even reply to my posts now.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 10:251 edit
    @FMF
    Do you have any evidence ...

You twist people's words and lie. And then strut around bragging about statements about your dishonesty are like water off of a duck's back to you.

Go get your evidence that I said everyday I am more like Jesus.
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 10:27
    @fmf said
    Do you have any evidence that this "geological feature" ~ called a "lava lake" which will open up "from the bowels of the earth" ~ actually exists?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_basalt
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 10:28
    @sonship said
    @FMF
    Do you have any evidence ...

You twist people's words and lie. And then strut around bragging about statements about your dishonesty are like water off of a duck's back to you.
    The terms "geological feature", "lava lake", and "from the bowels of the earth" are yours, verbatim, from your previous post. Do you have any of these things are real?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 10:291 edit
    @deepthought said
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_basalt
    Point taken. But there's nothing there about it being a mechanism for supernatural torture of non-Christians.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 10:42
    @sonship said
    @FMF
    Go get your evidence that I said everyday I am more like Jesus.
    If one day you realised that all this stuff about a version of god who burns people alive for eternity for not believing in him, was all an error...would you have to revisit your attitudes about “forgiving those people who mistreat you”, in that the knowledge of them being in the lake of fire helped you to forgive them in the first place?
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 12:11
    @divegeester said
    Do you believe that there is a literal lake of fire into which non Christians will be thrown and where they will endure everlasting punishment?
    Of course. That's what the Bible says.

But you seem to think it's all metaphorical, that the lake of fire isn't real; and I suppose you also think that those who reject Christ won't be punished everlasting for their sin, but with all your objections to the literal interpretation of all the verses pertaining to the subject of everlasting punishment, and claiming it's all metaphorical, you fail miserably to explain what you think the metaphorical references refer to.

You probably also think that the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the grave is metaphorical too.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 12:15
    @secondson said
    But you seem to think it's all metaphorical, that the lake of fire isn't real; and I suppose you also think that those who reject Christ won't be punished everlasting for their sin, but with all your objections to the literal interpretation of all the verses pertaining to the subject of everlasting punishment, and claiming it's all metaphorical, you fail miserably to explain what you think the metaphorical references refer to.
    You seem to believe that being thrown into the "Lake of Fire" does not cause pain or suffering and that it is not a form of torture. So does that make it a metaphorical "Lake of Fire" according to you?
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 12:38
    @fmf said
    You seem to believe that being thrown into the "Lake of Fire" does not cause pain or suffering and that it is not a form of torture. So does that make it a metaphorical "Lake of Fire" according to you?
    There's no indication at all in the text of scripture that the lake of fire and everlasting punishment aren't real, and as far as I can see there's no indication that there's physical discomfort, but instead what is inferred is there is "torment, weeping, gnashing of teeth and outer darkness where their (Christ rejectors) worm die the not".

Don't you think that's bad enough, or do you have some twisted subconscious need to promote the concept of physical agony into the text and use it to condemn and ridicule those that believe what the Bible actually teaches?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 12:42
    @secondson said
    Don't you think that's bad enough, or do you have some twisted subconscious need to promote the concept of physical agony into the text and use it to condemn and ridicule those that believe what the Bible actually teaches?
    I believe we all just die and that's the end. The "twisted subconscious" you refer to is that of people who believe in and promote the concept of the "damned" being tormented in burning flames for eternity where the physical pain is believed to be real and unending. You should take them on directly and not try to use an atheist as a proxy.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 12:45
    @secondson said
    There's no indication at all in the text of scripture that the lake of fire and everlasting punishment aren't real, and as far as I can see there's no indication that there's physical discomfort, but instead what is inferred is there is "torment, weeping, gnashing of teeth and outer darkness where their (Christ rejectors) worm die the not".
    So a "Lake of Fire" that causes no "physical discomfort" is a metaphorical "Lake of Fire", right? "Fire" that causes no pain is some kind of a metaphor then, yes?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 12:52
    Do you have some twisted subconscious need to promote the concept of physical agony into the text and use it to condemn and ridicule those that believe what the Bible actually teaches?

"Some twisted subconscious need". Good grief. These are some pretty harsh words said by one Christian aimed at the beliefs of other Christians. Why are they being said to an agnostic atheist? Why is the theological message being channelled through a non-believer and not delivered directly?
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 12:58
    @fmf said
    I believe we all just die and that's the end. The "twisted subconscious" you refer to is that of people who believe in and promote the concept of the "damned" being tormented in burning flames for eternity where the physical pain is believed to be real and unending. You should take them on directly and not try to use an atheist as a proxy.
    On what authority do you base your belief, besides your own, that physical death is "the end"? What? Did you die and come back to say there's nothing after death?

When I read from a Christian posting in this forum saying the things you're saying about the belief in a "torturer god ideology" you claim the believe in I will.

Your inference that I'm using you as a proxy is nonsensical.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree