1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '13 23:21
    Originally posted by galveston75
    We do exactly as the Bible tells us to do. If you have a problem with that, take it up with God.
    How?

I don't know if you've noticed... but god isn't evident... Or existent.

We can't take up anything with god because god isn't answering the phone.

We can only take stuff up with you.

Telling us to take it up with god is like telling us to take it up with Harvey the invisible giant rabbit.
  2. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    01 Feb '13 23:38
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    How?

I don't know if you've noticed... but god isn't evident... Or existent.

We can't take up anything with god because god isn't answering the phone.

We can only take stuff up with you.

Telling us to take it up with god is like telling us to take it up with Harvey the invisible giant rabbit.
    Wait a minute!!! I saw film proving that Harvey exits I know that the film is the truth!.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 03:23
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    The definitions I have given above are from the dictionary.

A cult is any organization that venerates a particular deity person or ideal.

Practically all organized religions would fall into that category.

Especially if it's followers were so immersed in it as to
    totally discount any other direction outside that which may
    be their chosen way or religion.
    So you must agree that the JWs are a cult. Four against three. Now that is settled.

The Jehovah Witnesses are a cult. -- By majority vote. 😏
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 04:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So you must agree that the JWs are a cult. Four against three. Now that is settled.

[b] The Jehovah Witnesses are a cult.
    -- By majority vote. 😏[/b]
    Ron you are a cult all your own.... Lol.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 04:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I think the way the JW organisation treats exiting members is a public disgrace and I have absolutely no compunction in calling the organisation a cult irrespective or any negative connotations associated with the word.
    Well, then you are clear on it. But I recall being taught that excommunication from the RCC was something that doomed you and would make you an exile from your community. Both of these religions are weak enough now that they cannot nowadays be powerful enough to make "exiting members" lives truly miserable but the RCC once was able to do that, and so it met, at that time, what it would take for you to call it a cult.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 05:20
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I think the way the JW organisation treats exiting members is a public disgrace and I have absolutely no compunction in calling the organisation a cult irrespective or any negative connotations associated with the word.
    2 John 1:9-11
    New Living Translation (NLT)

9 Anyone who wanders away from this teaching has no relationship with God. But anyone who remains in the teaching of Christ has a relationship with both the Father and the Son.

10 If anyone comes to your meeting and does not teach the truth about Christ, don’t invite that person into your home or give any kind of encouragement. 11 Anyone who encourages such people becomes a partner in their evil work.

1 Corinthians 5:11-13

11 I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer[a] yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people.

12 It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning. 13 God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, “You must remove the evil person from among you.”[b]

It seems you pic and choose what you want to believe in the Bible to fit your opinions. Do as you wish. We do as God tells us in his written word.
    So how dare you to judge us as we follow the Bible, not your opinions.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 08:042 edits

9 Anyone who wanders away from this teaching has no relationship with God. But anyone who remains in the teaching of Christ has a relationship with both the Father and the Son.

10 If anyone comes to your meeting and does not teach the truth about Christ, don’t invite that person into your home or give any ...[text shortened]... us in his written word.
    Good grief.

The gospel of Jesus Christ is so simple that people [organisations] have to complicate and pervert it. Jesus frequently mixed with and dined with sinners, the lost, the fallen, the outcasts.

Your pride in your organisation drives you to treat your own people in this despicable way based on a few scriptures about specific troublemakers. It seems to me that you that relish in your self-righteousness, safe in the knowledge that you have cast the sinner outside of the camp, the filth is expelled and what remains within is somehow purer because of it.

I wish I had the time to set up an organisation to support these people.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 10:271 edit

10 If anyone comes to your meeting and does not teach the truth about Christ, don’t invite that person into your home or give any ...[text shortened]... us in his written word.
    This is like when you see where Paul writes abstain from blood and you think he means do not have blood transfusions, and then you think you are following the scriptures when lives could be saved through blood transfusions. That does not seem Christ like, to me, when Christ was willing to give all his blood to save others, and you want give a drop yourself because you have a distorted view of what Paul meant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree