1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 01:12
    Which are better: Debates about Spirituality, debates about debates about Spirituality, or debates in which the two fuse together?
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 02:02
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Which are better: Debates about Spirituality, debates about debates about Spirituality, or debates in which the two fuse together?
    I just prefer a good ole feeding frenzy, but I'm not sure what category that would fit in to. I'm getting frustrated with people refusing to answer my questions. I want to know did the baby Jesus cry.
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 02:27
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I just prefer a good ole feeding frenzy, but I'm not sure what category that would fit in to. I'm getting frustrated with people refusing to answer my questions. I want to know did the baby Jesus cry.
    would ya wanna babysit a god-baby cgoing thru da terrible two's?
  4. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 02:43
    Is it me or did this forum suddenly become boring? I guess the interesting threads have used up their steam. No1 just repeats himself, Ivanhoe is through, frogstomp is posting off nonsequiters, bbarr hasn't been around, and nobody cares if the baby Jesus cried or not. Even my games have dried up after an initial rush.... (Yawn). I might as well go to sleep - what fun is that?!?

5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 02:49
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Is it me or did this forum suddenly become boring? I guess the interesting threads have used up their steam. No1 just repeats himself, Ivanhoe is through, frogstomp is posting off nonsequiters, bbarr hasn't been around, and nobody cares if the baby Jesus cried or not. Even my games have dried up after an initial rush.... (Yawn). I might as well go to sleep - what fun is that?!?

The point is not whether or not the baby Jesus cried, but that some of the most overtly religious people deny Jesus' humanity. That was my point. I think that's an important question to be answered.
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 02:50
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    would ya wanna babysit a god-baby cgoing thru da terrible two's?
    All two year olds are god-babies. The world revolves around them. No, I do not want to baby sit them. I've paid my dues.
  7. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 02:58
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    The point is not whether or not the baby Jesus cried, but that some of the most overtly religious people deny Jesus' humanity. That was my point. I think that's an important question to be answered.
    Not this one... And who knows, maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Don't know. I know he cried as an adult, but that's all.
  8. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 03:22
    Originally posted by Coletti

colletti doesnt matter
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 16:111 edit
    Since no1 has a strong opinion on this matter but can't be bothered to post it here, I'll do it for him:

"I am not an academic interested in a nitpicking review of the semantics of the argument itself; I'm interested in the points I raise."

Hopefully others will show more initiative in participating so that I don't have to cull their opinions from other threads to post them here.
  10. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 16:26
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I guess I don't understand the question. But I think the latter two are better, if you mean adding to the debate thinks like pointing out fallacies in your opponents argument, poor reasoning, etc. Anyone can present arguments without regard to validity - but what you end up with are dumb arguments - lots of hot air.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree