1. Joined
    06 Jul '12
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 22:43
    Living the Abundance Life

"So much in life depends on our attitude. The way we choose to see things and respond to others makes all the difference. To do the best we can and then to choose to be happy about our circumstances, whatever they may be, can bring peace and contentment."

—Thomas S. Monson, "Living the Abundance Life", Liahona and Ensign, January 2012
    Topics: Choices, Agency
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 23:51
    Originally posted by Lloyd E Adkins
    So much in life depends on our attitude. The way we choose to see things and respond to others makes all the difference. To do the best we can and then to choose to be happy about our circumstances, whatever they may be, can bring peace and contentment.
    Anything else in the fortune cookies this week?
  3. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 23:56
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Did someone say cookies???

When it come to goodies I'm like Homer Simpson.

Mmmmmmmmm chocolate..............
  4. Standard memberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 18:23
    Originally posted by Lloyd E Adkins
    Living the Abundance Life

"So much in life depends on our attitude. The way we choose to see things and respond to others makes all the difference. To do the best we can and then to choose to be happy about our circumstances, whatever they may be, can bring peace and contentment."

—Thomas S. Monson, "Living the Abundance Life", Liahona and Ensign, January 2012
    Topics: Choices, Agency
    "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly." -- John 10:10, KJV
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 18:32
    Originally posted by divegeester
    TRUE STORY!

I was set to play a master in a tournament in the round after lunch break. We were all eating lunch at Panda Express, and my fortune cookie said "You will give someone a great gift." In the game, I hung a key center pawn and lost. 😛
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 20:00
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I was set to play a master in a tournament in the round after lunch break. We were all eating lunch at Panda Express, and my fortune cookie said "You will give someone a great gift." In the game, I hung a key center pawn and lost. 😛
    You should have given the master that fortune cookie.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 20:05
    TRUE STORY!

Did you save the little, folded fortune note?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 20:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly." -- John 10:10, KJV
    Amplifys the verse you cited:

http://www.harvest.org/devotional/archive/devotion/2008-01-12.html
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 05:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    You should have given the master that fortune cookie.
    If he had opened it, it would have said "You will have a pleasant and profitable day." 😞
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 06:16
    TRUE STORY!

Give up. You can't beat those fortune cookies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortune_cookie
  11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 09:22
    TRUE STORY!

The fortune cookie I got last week said "Think of mother's exhortations more."
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 12:21
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    The fortune cookie I got last week said "Think of mother's exhortations more."
    Well, are you going to do it or not? 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree