1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 03:09
    Even if Noah's Ark is confirmed on Mt. Ararat, it still will not be proof enough.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 03:17
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Even if Noah's Ark is confirmed on Mt. Ararat, it still will not be proof enough.
    (playing the tiniest violin in the world :'( )
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 03:18
    Originally posted by telerion
    (playing the tiniest violin in the world :'( )
    (with the tiniest hands in the world)
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 07:52
    Considering that Noah is a myth which was rewritten from a Babylonian fable dating over 1000 years before the Hebrews claimed it happened.

If you founf the hammer of Thor that would not be enough either.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 09:001 edit
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Considering that Noah is a myth which was rewritten from a Babylonian fable dating over 1000 years before the Hebrews claimed it happened.

It would be a pretty cool trinket to put on your mantelpiece, though (Mjööllnir, not the Ark).
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 11:46
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It would be a pretty cool trinket to put on your mantelpiece, though (Mjööllnir, not the Ark).
    You couldn't lift it up there. Only Thor can lift it.
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 11:52
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You couldn't lift it up there. Only Thor can lift it.
    No, the frost giant Thrym could also lift Thor's hammer.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 12:12
    Originally posted by caissad4

I see. So, because (as you claim) the Babylonian myth was told prior to Moses' account, this invalidates the veracity of the event? And, if the material in view is found to be the remnants of an ark, we should take a more serious look at Gilgamesh, Popol Vuh, or Nez Pierce teachings?
    I will revise my assertion:
    Even if the material currently in view is found to match every description possible found in the Bible, it still won't be enough.
  9. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 19:33
    I agree, if only because there isn't enough info in the Bible to verify anything.

Actually, I prefer the Greek account of the Flood, for there, after Zeus got mad at the corruption of man and flooded the world, an explanation is given as to the repopulation of the world other than repeated incest.
  10. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 03:40
    I see. So, because (as you claim) the Babylonian myth was told prior to Moses' account, this invalidates the veracity of the event? And, if the material in view is found to be the remnants of an ark, we should take a more serious look at Gilgamesh, Popol Vuh, or Nez Pierce teachings?
    I will revise my assertion:
    Even if the material currently in view is found to match every description possible found in the Bible, it still won't be enough.
    This would seem to me to be self evident, so what's your point?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 06:41
    If you accept the story of noahs ark does that mean that you accept evolution from that point forward ? Otherwise how else would the immense variety of life on this planet exist? Did it all evolve from what was carried on the ark?
  12. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 07:07
    Proof enough of what? Utnapishtim's historical existence? No, although it's a start.
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 07:12
    Originally posted by David C
    Proof enough of what? Utnapishtim's historical existence? No, although it's a start.
    Hello David. Guess we'll have to wait until the Ark is discovered to find out whether it won't be enough and for what. Personally I think Freaky's was a bit depressed when he posted; his prediction an ontological moan. Something like Tibetan thigh-bone music (Telerion's violin makes for a nice World Music mix).
  14. England
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 10:46
    so how are they going to prove this??? if they find a piece of timber on top its like finding a chunck of wood at calvary!! no faith in what you belive is the truth im a christian so altho there is mention of certain events that are in the bible documented by others its the teachinig of how to live by gods law that counts
  15. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 11:09
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Hello David. Guess we'll have to wait until the Ark is discovered to find out whether it won't be enough and for what. Personally I think Freaky's was a bit depressed when he posted; his prediction an ontological moan. Something like Tibetan thigh-bone music (Telerion's violin makes for a nice World Music mix).
    Indeed, Bosse. Perhaps Freaky could take comfort in the knowledge that even Ron Wyatt was unable to convince those secular liberal atheist bastards of the truth of his Mt. Ararat discoveres. Why, they've even managed to seditiously corrupt that bastion of Young Earth Creationists everywhere, AIG:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v14/i4/report.asp

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree