1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 14:102 edits
    Reveal Hidden Content
    sarcasm alert :]

A number of theists think that such 'atheists' exist (*edit* mentioning no names)... So come on guys, you all know who you are...what's going on here??? 😕
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 14:29
    Well I know a lot of theists that claim to believe in God yet don't act like he actually exists.
  3. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 08:37
    Yes there are a lot of people who don't understand the terms they identify themselves with.

I'm sure there are some self-proclaimed theists who don't believe in god. And most Atheists don't know the difference between believing there is no God and not believing there is a god. And I haven't met an Agnostic yet who had a clue what Agnosticism was.

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs but that doesn't belie the vast majority of them being completely absurd.

Also, it would be nice if people would learn the true meaning of a term if they've chosen to use it to identify their theistic stance. If they don't want to do that then why discuss it with them at all? Better that they spell out their beliefs instead of trying to label them and do so in a pathetically inaccurate fashion.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 09:00
    Originally posted by sharpnova
    Yes there are a lot of people who don't understand the terms they identify themselves with.

I'm sure there are some self-proclaimed theists who don't believe in god. And most Atheists don't know the difference between believing there is no God and not believing there is a god. And I haven't met an Agnostic yet who had a clue what Agnosticism was.

Eve ...[text shortened]... beliefs instead of trying to label them and do so in a pathetically inaccurate fashion.
    It is not hard to understand. Jesus Christ is God and man united to be our salvation. He is "Wonderful" (Isaiah 9:6)

The relationship that man should have and was intended to have with God is exemplified in the God-man Jesus - a thorough mingling of divinity with humanity for God's expression and our enjoyment eternally.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 09:28
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Well I know a lot of theists that claim to believe in God yet don't act like he actually exists.
    Good point. And true.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree