1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 01:16
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    So you have no problem with just getting rid of the statute of limitations for these cases?

Do you think there is a problem with frivolous claims?
    So you have no problem with just getting rid of the statute of limitations for these cases?

I don't believe anyone has a problem for these cases.

Yes. And it is a very serious one. In my country, Australia, our highest-ranking bishop, Cardinal Pell, was accused of sexual abuse some years ago. The claim was totally frivolous. The claim dated back decades and the person clearly had a pecuniary interest, waiting until Pell was installed at Sydney. Frivolous claims can be damaging.
  2. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 01:24
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    [b]So you have no problem with just getting rid of the statute of limitations for these cases?

Yes. And it is a very serious one. In my country, Australia, our highest-ranking bishop, Cardinal Pell, was accused of sexual abuse som ...[text shortened]... cuniary interest, waiting until Pell was installed at Sydney. Frivolous claims can be damaging.[/b]
    Yes. And it is a very serious one

Assuming your one example is real, that's 1 to how many?
  3. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 01:25
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    [b]So you have no problem with just getting rid of the statute of limitations for these cases?

Yes. And it is a very serious one. In my country, Australia, our highest-ranking bishop, Cardinal Pell, was accused of sexual abuse som ...[text shortened]... cuniary interest, waiting until Pell was installed at Sydney. Frivolous claims can be damaging.[/b]

I mean for the state that I posted - which would be for all cases.

You can't only selectively take away the statute of limitations.
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 19:42
    Originally posted by 667joe
    I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who beleive it! George Carlin
    interesting, the pope gets his authority from God, so you're saying (or if you're just quoting, then George Carlin) is saying that you (or he) have as much authority as God?
  5. Maryland
    Moves
    21 Apr '10 04:33
    Originally posted by daniel58
    interesting, the pope gets his authority from God, so you're saying (or if you're just quoting, then George Carlin) is saying that you (or he) have as much authority as God?
    Considering god has as much authority as Mother Goose, you are exactly correct!
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '10 07:53
    Originally posted by daniel58
    so when a pope creates the inquisition, or authorizes the crusades or has orgies with the hookers of rome (in the middle ages, not today, though benny is rumored to be quite the pimp daddy), he does so with authority from god?

i don't know about you, but i would inspect the guy i invest with this much authority from time to time. if he doesn't do his job or abuses it i will kick his ass.

so either god is a very bad manager or he removed said authority from the papacy centuries ago.
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 00:12
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Considering god has as much authority as Mother Goose, you are exactly correct!
    He does?, how about "ALL authority comes from God"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree