1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 00:37
    YouTube

I have always loved this worship song. The music video even makes it better. The best part is 3:30 into it, to 3:40.
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 00:472 edits
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpVsF4W8V2Y

I have always loved this worship song. The music video even makes it better. The best part is 3:30 into it, to 3:40.
    Come on, man, that song is awful. Have you ever wondered why God doesn't inspire Christian pop musicians to make better (i.e., at least tolerable) music? That song is a lyrical and musical disaster.

Also, a music video should have more hot chicks. I kept waiting for that dude to get run over in the street. Isn't there a Proverb about how the fool walks through traffic with his eyes closed?
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 01:37

where in the bible you can find worshiping GOD through music?
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 01:481 edit
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    where in the bible you can find worshiping GOD through music?
    Will the Angels worship him in Music. And if you have read the book of Revelation people worship him there in song. The psalms are also songs. Why not google it and see what comes up on your question?

Judges 5:3
    "Hear this, you kings! Listen, you rulers! I will sing to the LORD, I will sing; I will make music to the LORD, the God of Israel.
  5. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 06:47

What unmitigated drivel!

No wonder you are theologically stunted: You feed yourself Fast Food worship. Derivative lyrics,
    the same three chords, the 'a cappella' bridge: all for the sensual aspects of religion. Sure, you
    feel good, because you've fed your spiritually malnourished soul a cheeseburger.

You should see the South Park episode in which Cartman becomes the leader of a Christian rock
    band. In imitation of contemporary bands, he simply takes existing songs and substitutes out
    critical lyrics and puts words in like 'Jesus' or 'grace' or 'worship.' And, true to form, the mindless
    flocks of people eat up his every word.

Nemesio
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 06:51
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    What unmitigated drivel!

No wonder you are theologically stunted: You feed yourself Fast Food worship. Derivative lyrics,
    the same three chords, the 'a cappella' bridge: all for the sensual aspects of religion. Sure, you
    feel good, because you've fed your spiritually malnourished soul a cheeseburger.

You should see the South Park episode in which ...[text shortened]... And, true to form, the mindless
    flocks of people eat up his every word.

Nemesio
    Faith+1. That episode rules.
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 06:581 edit
    Will the Angels worship him in Music. And if you have read the book of Revelation people worship him there in song. The psalms are also songs. Why not google it and see what comes up on your question?

Judges 5:3
    "Hear this, you kings! Listen, you rulers! I will sing to the LORD, I will sing; I will make music to the LORD, the God of Israel.
    In King James Version Translation there is no music.

Judas 5:3: Hear, O ye kings; give ear, O ye princes; I, even I, will sing unto the LORD; I will sing praise to the LORD God of Israel.

It is sing praise in KJV = and you converted it to make music, the meaning is totaly different.

What do you think?
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 07:01
    In King James Version Translation there is no music.

Judas 5:3: [b]Hear, O ye kings; give ear, O ye princes; I, even I, will sing unto the LORD; I will sing praise to the LORD God of Israel.

It is sing praise in KJV = and you converted it to make music, the meaning is totaly different.

What do you think?[/b]
    I think singing praise constitutes making music, and thus the cited verse fulfills your request for an instance of worshipping God through music in the Bible.
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 07:08
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I think singing praise constitutes making music, and thus the cited verse fulfills your request for an instance of worshipping God through music in the Bible.
    I think singing praise constitutes making music

Not neccesarily ,

Any way Jesus didn't pray using Music.
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 07:101 edit
    [b]I think singing praise constitutes making music

Not neccesarily [/b]
    What necessary condition of making music do you think singing praise fails to meet?
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 07:11
    What necessary condition of making music do you think singing praise fails to meet?
    Making music is not the only way to sing praises.
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 07:14
    Making music is not the only way to sing praises.
    I think you are very confused.

Is it your claim that one can sing without making music?
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 07:231 edit

May be we disagree on the meaning of music. I mean by music is voices generated by musical instruments to be combined with the human voice during signing. Signing could be performed without accompanying music using only human voice. Am I correct ?
  14. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 07:24

Most people do this easily.
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 11:59
    May be we disagree on the meaning of music. I mean by music is voices generated by musical instruments to be combined with the human voice during signing. Signing could be performed without accompanying music using only human voice. Am I correct ?
    I am truly lost about what you are talking about. How can voices be generated by musical instruments?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree